Personal Care Aide
Company: Interim HealthCare - Charlotte, NC
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionGeneral Purpose:Personal Care Aides are members
of the interdisciplinary team who provide hands-on personal care,
report changes in the client's condition, perform simple procedures
as an extension of therapy or nursing services, and provide
incidental/instrumental activities of daily living to clients in
the home setting as evaluated/delegated and as permitted by the
policies and procedures of Interim HealthCare and any other
federal, state and local law or regulation.Applicability of this
Job Description:This job description for a Personal Care Aide may
be used only in the following situations:
- In an organization that is not subject to the Medicare
Conditions of Participation; or
- In an organization that is subject to the Medicare Conditions
of Participation, a Home Care Aide may be employed exclusively to
furnish personal care aid-only services under a Medicaid personal
care benefit. [CITE: 42CFR §484.80(i)] Essential Functions:
- Reads and records client temperature, pulse, and
- Promotes and maintains a clean, safe, healthy, and therapeutic
- Assists, performs and trains client and family in activities of
daily living such bathing, grooming, nail and skin care, oral
hygiene, dressing/undressing, toileting and elimination, eating and
adequate nutritional intake.
- Assists client with mobility, ambulation, transfers and/or
range of motion exercises or exercise programs.
- Assists client with home-making activities such as shopping,
errands, light laundering, meal planning and preparation, serving
of meals, socialization activities, and child care.
- Assists in medication reminding.
- Assists in administering medications ordinarily
- Immediately reports medication administration errors, client
medication refusals, and evidence of any adverse reaction or
side-effects of medications to the delegating registered
- Utilizes infection prevention and control measures, such as
universal precautions; handwashing; safe handling of equipment,
soiled items, and sharp devices; and appropriate use of personal
protective equipment (PPE).
- Follows the assignment sheet/service plan and performs only
tasks that are evaluated/delegated.
- Recognizes, reports, and records/documents change in client
condition and safety to supervisor.
- Documents observations, activities and service provided in an
accurate, complete and timely manner.
- Organizes self to carry out visits/shifts and tasks.
- Completes mandatory Interim HealthCare in-services.
- Provides requested documents to keep employee file
- Completes other assignments as requested as
- Participates in the Office's Emergency Preparedness Program, as
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
(QAPI) program, as requested.
- Honors patient rights.
- Accesses personal health information ("PHI") necessary to
fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and
ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
- Perform any skilled nursing procedure, which is prohibited by
the State Nurse Practice Act, law or regulation.Minimum Education &
- Age of majority in the state.
- Training, certification or registration required by state and
federal law and regulation.
- Six (6) months of accumulated experience in a similar job
classification, similar life experience; OR
- A graduate of a training and competency program as required by
the Office and State or Federal law/regulation; or
- A school of nursing student in the last year of a program;
- A graduate RN or LPN/LVN with proof of graduation.Knowledge,
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of
the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Able to effectively communicate, including the ability to read,
write, and verbally report clinical information to clients,
client's caregivers and family, and agency staff.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks or
- Two (2) positive references.
- Evidence of passing a written knowledge exam/competency
- Meets applicable state and federal health screening
- Pass state required criminal and abuse background checks where
- Verification of employment eligibility (I-9) in accordance with
local, state, and federal law and regulations.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if
assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport a client.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Able to constantly travel within geographic area serviced by
Office from assignment to assignment.
- Work is normally performed in client's home.
- Occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne
pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous
materials that require following safety precautions and may include
use of personal protective equipment (e.g. face masks, goggles,
latex and or non-latex gloves).
- Able to constantly stand, bend, stoop, twist, stretch, squat,
kneel, walk, climb stairs and reach freely.
- Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer clients and
assist with standing and walking.
- Able to frequently carry bundles, such as groceries and laundry
up or down stairs and lift with or without assistance.
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of
palm (i.e. DME supplies, knobs or objects).
- Able to read 8 point or larger type.
- Medium physical activity that may require frequent lifting,
carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare - Charlotte, NC, Charlotte , Personal Care Aide, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!