Clinician - Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Company: Bethany Christian Services
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Clinician - Bilingual (English/Spanish)Requisition #:
Location: Charlotte, NCHours: Full-time (40 hours/week)This
position is offering a $1,500 sign-on bonusBethany is changing the
world through family. We began our work by serving one child more
than 75 years ago. Today, Bethany is an international Christian
nonprofit partnering with communities in more than 30 states and in
several countries around the world. We strengthen and preserve
families, support displaced people fleeing danger, and find safe,
loving families for children who need them. Bethany is at the
forefront of creating and implementing solutions to meet the
growing needs of vulnerable children and families in the U.S. and
around the world.As the Clinician, you will provide weekly
individual and group therapy sessions with newly arriving
(primarily Spanish Speaking clients) who are placed in Bethany's
Transitional Foster Care program.Essential Job
- Provide intake psychosocial assessment within 24-48 hours of
clients arriving into the program.
- Provide trafficking assessments with 10 days of clients
arriving into the program.
- Provide individual counseling session with a case load of up to
- Provide twice a week group therapy sessions with all clients in
- Provide additional counseling sessions with children and their
families (via phone or skype) if necessary, to aide in the
- Participate as a team member and attend meetings with treatment
- Provide program coordinator and/or program manager with weekly
updates of client's progress.
- Attend training provided internally and in the community and
apply newly gained knowledge in providing services.
- Translate both written and verbal communication for program
clientele and staff.
- Maintain the ability to be on call as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- MSW and/or MA in Counseling
- LCSW or LCPC with 2 years experience required
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, creative and able to work
in a diverse setting
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport with clients in order to
help them adjust to new life circumstances
- Demonstrated familiarity with trauma informed treatment
- Computer skills sufficient to perform essential functions
- Prior work experience with refugee or minority children and
families and demonstrates cross-cultural sensitivity
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of
Faith, Mission Statement, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Prior therapeutic experience with diverse culturesWe value and
embrace the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion; our
culture is strengthened and our workplace is more dynamic. We are a
global organization with multicultural staff, clients and
stakeholders, so we strive to create a workplace that reflects the
communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring
their full, authentic selves to work. More work remains, but we are
deeply committed to honestly acknowledging and addressing the
impacts of race and racism throughout the organization. This work
can be uncomfortable and even painful, but we believe that the
greatest challenges bear the greatest rewards.
Keywords: Bethany Christian Services, Charlotte , Clinician - Bilingual (English/Spanish), Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!