Custodian, Head II @ North Language Academy
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Basic functionTo plan, organize and supervise custodial
operations in schools and departments; to perform a variety of
technical tasks relative to the care, maintenance and cleaning of
buildings and facilities.Essential functions
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of
staff involved in custodial operations.
- Prepare and maintain staff timekeeping records for proper
- Evaluate operations and activities of custodial
responsibilities; recommend improvements and modifications; prepare
various reports on custodial operations and activities.
- Train new staff on the use of cleaning chemicals, equipment and
related supplies and materials.
- Receive and verify orders.
- Perform routine repairs on equipment.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms and facilities and fixtures
including sinks, urinals and toilets; clean and sanitize showers as
assigned; replenish supplies in restrooms.
- Sweep, vacuum, mop, wax, strip and polish floors; vacuum and
- Dust and polish furniture, woodwork, fixtures and equipment;
clean desks and counter tops.
- Wash windows mirrors and walls, clean air vents as required;
replace lights and adjust shades and blinds.
- Empty, clean and sanitize waste receptacles; pick up papers and
- Move and arrange furniture and equipment and set up rooms for
conferences and meetings.
- Identify and report building maintenance needs in assigned
buildings and facilities.Marginal functions
- Perform related duties as assigned.EducationMINIMUMCompletion
of formal or informal education at a level, which provides the
ability to read and write at a level required by the
job.DESIRABLEHigh School Diploma or General Education Degree
(GED)Experience/TrainingMINIMUM 3 years custodial
experienceDESIRABLE3 years custodial experience including
- Position Type:Full-timeJob Category :Support Staff >
CustodianEqual Opportunity EmployerCharlotte-Mecklenburg Schools is
committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age,
citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic
information or disability, as defined and required by state and
federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against
individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who
participate in an equal opportunity investigation.Contact
- CMS Staff
- 600 E. Fourth Street
- Fifth Floor
- Charlotte,North Carolina 28202
- Phone: 980-343-1900
- Email: click here
Keywords: TrulyHired, Charlotte , Custodian, Head II @ North Language Academy, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!