Coffee Packaging Operator I
Company: S&D Coffee & Tea
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are currently seeking a Coffee Packer/Machine Operator for
our Core department. The successful candidate will be responsible
for converting roasted coffee into finished, packaged products in
accordance with defined quality, productivity, safety, and cost
* Identifies production priority and needs based upon the Daily
Production Schedule supplied.
* Ensures that coffee has had adequate time to gas-off.
* Completes change over sheet and notifies line support when a
change-over is necessary and requests that appropriate film,
filters and boxes be delivered to the packaging line.
* Packages priority items on the punch list before handling other
* Utilizes computer to open appropriate coffee bin.
* Utilizes data entry console to enter in item information in order
to print out correct item labels.
* Programs packaging machine for item to be run, using
touch-sensitive computer, based on information listed on the
manufacturing specification sheet.
* Adjusts packaging equipment to handle appropriate case size.
* Adjusts amount of coffee per package without stopping production,
in order to remain within specified ranges.
* Manages the packaging process by closing boxes, labeling them and
sending them through a tape machine.
* Takes sample bags of coffee to the lab, in order to be examined
for the correct color and level of gas.
* Performs numerous visual, weight, and seal inspections of
individual packages during operation.
* Identifies and segregates nonconforming goods for proper
* Moves boxes from the conveyor belt onto pallets, stacking them
* Completes tickets for every pallet, including information such as
the item number, date and case count.
* Records amount of downtime incurred during shift with
* Completes maintenance work request forms if a mechanic is
required to service a machine.
* Maintains a clean and orderly work area, using an air hose to
remove dust from the packaging line throughout the day as
* Other related duties as assigned by management.
* High School or GED.
* Experience with operating equipment in a manufacturing
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Good math skills. * Ability to work without constant
* Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. repetitively.
* Must be available to work OT and weekends as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer / Vets / Disabled
Keywords: S&D Coffee & Tea, Charlotte , Coffee Packaging Operator I, Other , Concord, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!