Air Import Coordinator
Company: Hunter USA Ltd
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The primary duty of an Air Import Coordinator is to review and
process Air Import transactions, including all related activities,
for one or more major accounts, and to provide excellent, proactive
and timely customer service. Serves as the primary contact for all
parties concerning assigned account contracts. Performs all duties
correctly, cost-efficiently, and according to Company standards,
using the regular exercise of discretion and independent
- Promote a positive relationship with the client by ensuring
excellent, timely and proactive customer service at all times and
in conjunction with other departments and third parties, and
monitor quality of service produced by the team. Establish detailed
profiles and procedures that properly represent client's import
- Receive, review and process high-volume and/or complex import
transactions for client(s), including booking, billing,
classifications, processing data through the Company's system, and
obtaining consular releases and other government agency releases as
- Check the shipments in the warehouse as needed to ensure that
the shipping documents correspond to the actual shipments.
- Process bills of lading for incoming shipments and provide
clear instructions to the team for handling each shipment.
- Ensure shipments of hazardous materials are checked and
processed in accordance with all applicable regulations under the
International Air Transport Association, Code of Federal
- Create quotations for individual shipments, including
estimating prices for the shipper, selecting transportation
companies to use, and setting profit margins for individual
- Review and monitor all Shipper Import Declaration rejections,
requests for information from client and any government agency, and
- Communicate changes of US and foreign shipping regulations and
procedures to client.
- Communicate with client, co-workers and third parties in a
clear, concise and timely manner.
- Identify transactions and tasks that require special handling,
recommend improved processes to management, and implement
resolutions within assigned scope of responsibility.
- Identify, investigate and resolve all areas of client concern
in a timely and proactive manner by monitoring team performance
against Company and client standards. Alert client to special areas
of concern or potential problems in the import process.Other Duties
- Adhere to all domestic and international shipping
- Maintain excellent vendor relations.
- Financial reporting, including month-end closing.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and guidelines, such
as the Code of Conduct, assigned work schedules, and attendance
requirements.Job Skills and Specifications
- Experience with CargoWise a definite plus
- 2 - 3 years of Air Import experience, also a plus.
- Past customer service experience is required, as work entails
extensive phone contact with carriers and other parties concerning
the air import process.
- Very good written communication skills to compose complex
letters regarding import problems and proposed resolutions. Must
have the ability to edit and proof business correspondence and
- The ability to organize, prepare and assemble documents or
reports containing data from several sources.
- Excellent analytical skills to recognize, prevent and resolve
problem situations. Math skills to be able to provide timely
estimates to customers, along with knowledge of formulas with
regard to converting both currency and dimensions.
- The ability to analyze complex details to resolve complex
shipping issues for the client.
- The ability to use Company-standard software for word
processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel) etc. in order to generate
reports, charts and graphs as applicable.Job Type: Full-timeSalary:
$50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per yearBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time offSchedule:
- 8 hour shiftExperience:
- Imports: 2 years (Preferred)Work Remotely:
Keywords: Hunter USA Ltd, Charlotte , Air Import Coordinator, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!