Volunteer Coordinator: Harris YMCA
Company: YMCA of Greater Charlotte
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Under the direction of the branch specific Director, in
consultation with Association volunteerism efforts, and consistent
with the Christian Mission of the YMCA, the Volunteer Coordinator
will be responsible for recruiting, supporting and evaluating
volunteer efforts of the branch. The quality of the volunteer
program will be reflected in the member involvement and retention
efforts of the branch. Likewise, the Coordinator will be
responsible for assisting to develop, coordinate and expand the
Branch annual Community Outreach Campaign and associated special
- Coordinate assigned aspects of our Volunteer program and assist
in resource development efforts as required.
- Field volunteer inquiries through telephone, e-mails, volunteer
applications, tour cards, member contacts and recruitment
- Interview and match volunteers to volunteer opportunities that
best suit their schedules and interests including, but not limited
to, leadership opportunities, program volunteer opportunities,
special events and fundraising.
- Serve as Board of Managers liaison, including meeting
preparation, communications and follow up.
- Coordinate reference checks and volunteer files.
- Provide branch orientation and coordinate program specific
training for volunteers through individual and group meetings.
- Coordinate tracking efforts of number of volunteers and total
hours given to the branch annually.
- Responsible for recruitment and coordination of volunteers for
- Responsible for rewarding and evaluating volunteers and the
- Support and participate in all aspects of member
- Assist the Financial Development Director in the design,
delivery and support of the Annual Community Outreach
- Ensure all appropriate volunteer activity is recorded in the
YMCA's Volunteer database, Volunteer Matters.
- Assist with branch recognition of donor and sponsors
- Assist with the planning and coordination of assigned
- Work with all departments to identify new volunteers and
sponsors to drive the continued branch membership and donor
- Recruit and work with branch staff to recruit members as
volunteers to reach annual membership involvement
- 2 year Associate's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2-3 years work experience in volunteerism or nonprofit
- Strong people skills/relationship building
- Ability to empower and motivate others
- Experience supervising volunteers
- Computer literate with the following programs: Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment, initiative, and
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to complete safety certifications as required by the
YMCA of Greater Charlotte upon hire.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Push, pull and lift up to 30 lb
- Ability to work irregular work hours, including evenings and
weekends on occasion
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate
- Fluent in English, written and verbal communicationJob Type:
Part-timePay: $11.95 - $17.92 per hourSchedule:
- Monday to FridayEducation:
- Associate (Preferred)Experience:
- volunteer coordinator or relevant: 1 year (Preferred)Work
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: YMCA of Greater Charlotte, Charlotte , Volunteer Coordinator: Harris YMCA, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!