Posted on: October 14, 2021
Risk Placement Services opened for business in May 1997 with
four employees based in Chicago and Atlanta. Since then RPS has
completed dozens of acquisitions across the United States,
acquiring top talent in all aspects of insurance.
At RPS, our focus is on smart and strategic growth, as well as the
needs of our retail partners. Today, our more than 1,700+
associates stand ready to be a strategic business partner in
marketing new and renewal business through our wholesale brokerage
operations, MGAs, program managers and standard lines aggregator.
We have the local knowledge, regional presence and national reach
to provide the best options to our clients.
Specialties of RPS :
Wholesale Broker and Managing General Agent, Casualty, Property,
Analytics, Healthcare, Workers Compensation, Transportation,
Executive Lines, Technology & Cyber, Public Entity, Personal
Position Summary :
Independently and under limited supervision, evaluates companies to
ensure that they are qualified in the marketplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Identifies and analyzes client exposures to recommend and/or
design risk transfer/financing products.
- Markets customer business, typically of moderate to high
complexity, to variety of insurance carriers.
- Receives and processes requests for quotations from account
personnel that is both internally and externally facing.
- Identifies appropriate carriers, sends requests, negotiates
favorable quotes and prepares recommendations.
- Responsible for the servicing and mid-term underwriting of a
- Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most
complex issues to higher levels.
- May provide guidance to lower level staff, but has no formal
- No assigned production goals.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years related experience required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications and
- Carrier experience highly preferred.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements :
- Detail oriented; strong analytical skills and good
communication and interpersonal skills
- 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of
employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S.
employment opportunities, Risk Placement Services, Inc. hires U.S.
citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary
residents. Temporary residence does not include those with
non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as
students in practical training status. Exceptions to these
requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified
candidates with a particular skill. RPS will require proof of work
- Willing to execute RPS' Employee Agreement or Confidentiality
and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things,
post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation,
confidentiality and non-disclosure.
RPS offers competitive salaries and benefits, including:
medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K),
employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement,
employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability
varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift
program, and more.
Risk Placement Services, Inc. is a division of Arthur J. Gallagher
and believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment
opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any
applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran
status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected
status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all
aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not
limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer,
demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In
addition, RPS will make reasonable accommodations to known physical
or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a
disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship
on the operation of our business.
Keywords: Gallagher, Charlotte , Underwriting Specialist, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!