Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
Job Summary (State overall purpose of the job in
The General Utility, under the direction of the department
manager/supervisor, is responsible for assisting in any and all
phases of production, preparation, sanitation and/ or packaging of
the product. Providing general help labor where needed in all areas
of the plant.
Essential Job Duties (Most important job duties
explained clearly and concisely. If mandatory overtime is required,
please list that here.)
- Assists in the production of goods to include, but not limited
to: pre-weighing ingredients and staging for mixing operations,
cutting of raw materials, removal of discarded product/materials,
and picking out defects on conveyors based on specifications.
- Maintains the cleanliness of all areas of manufacturing
including but not limited to: cardboard removal, floors
swept/mopped, counters and equipment cleaned to ensure health and
safety requirements are maintained. Ensures area is organized
according to 5S/production standards.
- Lubricates, hand cleans parts, and assembles production
- Performs a variety of general manual labor tasks within the
site, (e.g., lifting and moving materials, loading and unloading
materials, assisting in the handling of heavy materials, making
minor repairs, etc.).
- Works with others as a team to complete tasks in an efficient
manner to ensure the line is ready for startup and/or shutdown as
well as to minimize downtime.
- Assists other employees with their assigned work tasks.
- Packages or assists in packing, finished goods, parts,
materials, and equipment for customer delivery.
- Delivers and Picks up materials in various parts of the plant
- Performs routine maintenance to equipment.
- Follows department rules, procedures, routines, and
requirements to complete assigned duties.
- If qualified, may be asked to operate machinery within the
- Practices and adheres to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices),
Allergen program, and Safety guidelines/procedures.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required.
Statement of Coverage (In absence of incumbent,
outline who will perform the essential duties and responsibilities;
applicable for Quality Supervisors and Managers only.)
Scope of Responsibility (List Title(s) of Jobs
Supervised, Authority to act, number of employees supervised, sales
volume $, projected budget $, level of decision making or impact of
decisions made to the organization. An organizational chart
should be included with job description when submitted)
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (Knowledge,
skills, and abilities normally required for competent performance
in the job – writing skills, communication skills, analytical
skills, attention to detail, license, specific technical skills,
etc. List licenses or professional certifications required
for the job.)
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic mathematical skills.
Education and Experience (Minimum and preferred
educational requirements, years of experience needed to
successfully perform the job – High School or GED, High School plus
specialized vocation or technical education, college degree)
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience
in a manufacturing environment required.
Professional Licenses or Certifications (List
professional licenses or certificates required for the job)
Physical Demands (The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job)
- Sitting: Seldom
- Standing: Continuousl
- Walking: Frequently
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Stooping, Kneeling: Frequently
- Talking, Hearing: Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling (if applicable): Frequently
- Two Handed Carry: Frequently
- Pushing: Continuously
- Pulling: Continuously
- Overhead Work Standing: Frequently
- Ladder Climbing: Frequently:
- Repetitive Twisting Standing: Continuously
- Repetitive Twisting Sitting: Continuously
- Hand Dexterity: Continuously
- Bending: Continuously
- Up to 10 pounds: Continuously
- Up to 25 pounds: Continuously
- Up to 50 pounds: Occasionally
- Up to 100 pounds: Seldom/Never
- More than 100 lbs: Seldom/Never
Work Environment (The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while successfully performing the essential
functions of the job)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is
frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The
employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes
or airborne particles; and caustic chemicals. The noise level in
the work environment is usually loud.
Travel Required (Indicate type of travel and % of
time travel is required)
Minimal travel may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.