Electrician (+5k sign on bonus)
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Electrician is responsible for maintaining existing electrical
system infrastructure to ensure a safe electrical environment is
provided for all employees, contractors, etc. The Electrician also
maintains facilities and production equipment to operate in the
safest and most productive condition, supporting continuous
improvement, production strategies, and plant reliability
Essential Job Duties (Most important job duties
explained clearly and concisely. If mandatory overtime is required,
please list that here.)
- Understands and adheres to governmental regulatory programs and
policies. These may include but are not limited to National
Electrical Code, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Uniform
Building Code (UBC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
70, National Electric Code, NFPA 70B Electrical Maintenance, NFPA
70E Arc Flash Electrical Safety, NFPA 79 Electrical Standard For
Industrial Machinery and local government environmental agency
- Practices and complies with all plant and maintenance
department safety procedures, including but not limited to:
Lock-Out - Tag-Out; Arc Flash and Hot Work Permits.
- Understands the concept of Permit Required Confined Spaces and
assists with proper alternate entry of re-classified confined
spaces when necessary.
- Follows all applicable good manufacturing practices (GMP's) for
- Maintains and uses appropriate personal protective equipment
(PPE) in accordance with OSHA, food handling before and after
equipment inspection and repair activities.
- Attends classes, seminars, and in-house training as needed to
maintain skill level with changes in the industry.
- Makes improvements and suggestions to optimize maintenance
- Executes and document planned and unplanned work findings and
data during shift via computerized maintenance management system
(CMMS). Execution and resolution of equipment
- Leverages methodologies including, but not limited to: root
cause analysis (RCA), break down failure analysis (BDA) and cause
maps to identify and resolve equipment issues.
- Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to identify
failures and takes correct follow-up actions. Predictive
maintenance technologies include ultrasound, thermal imaging,
Electrical and current analysis.
- Documents the cause of the failure and works with maintenance
team, planner, supervisor, or other team members to take action to
prevent a reoccurrence of the failure.
- Understands and interprets technical documents and diagrams
which include but are not limited to: factory manuals, blueprints,
schematics, Single Line Electrical Drawings, mechanical and
electrical equipment schematics, pneumatics, hydraulics, and
Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's), and etc.
- Performs basic functions such as running conduit and piping to
- Capable of calibrate and set-up instrumentation.
- Applies industry knowledge to identify aging and obsolete
- Understands and uses code for troubleshooting Programmable
Logic Controller (PLC's), Human Machine Interface (HMI's), Variable
Frequency Drive (VFD's), etc.
- May perform other duties as required.
Statement of Coverage (In absence of incumbent,
outline who will perform the essential duties and responsibilities;
applicable for Quality Supervisors and Managers only.)N/A
Scope of Responsibility (List Title(s) of Jobs
Supervised, Authority to act, number of employees supervised, sales
volume $, projected budget $, level of decision making or impact of
decisions made to the organization. An organizational chart
should be included with job description when submitted)
- This position does not have direct supervisory
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (Knowledge,
skills, and abilities normally required for competent performance
in the job – writing skills, communication skills, analytical
skills, attention to detail, license, specific technical skills,
etc. List licenses or professional certifications required
for the job.)
- Read, comprehends, and carries out detailed written or oral
instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Write and present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
- Communicate/interact with all levels of employees in a
professional manner. Work and function as a team member in a
- Perform simple arithmetic functions including addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers,
decimals, fractions, and mixed numbers. Measure using devices.
Convert measurements from feet/inches to decimals and vice versa.
Draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Use a computer for data entry and documentation of maintenance
findings on work orders. In some cases, upload and download of
technical manuals and specifications from CMMS or internet. Must be
able to use a basic calculator
- Effectively work and function in a team based collaborative
- Requires attention to detail, mechanical ability and ability to
multi-task. Must be able to make good decisions under
- Ability to resolve problems involving multiple variables in
high stress situations.
Education and Experience (Minimum and preferred
educational requirements, years of experience needed to
successfully perform the job – High School or GED, High School plus
specialized vocation or technical education, college degree)
- High School Diploma or GED; a minimum of 2 years of experience
in a manufacturing facility (Food & Beverage preferred) performing
electrical maintenance duties, inspections, troubleshooting and
repairs required. Where applicable, must pass an electrical
- Some college or formal technical school education with
demonstrated aptitude and skills in electrical maintenance and
troubleshooting. Experience with mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic,
steam and chiller applications. 4+ years of experience as an
Industrial maintenance electrician.
- Professional Licenses or Certifications (List professional
licenses or certificates required for the job)
- Obtain and maintain all applicable state permits and/or
- Massachusetts requires a Journeyman license.
- Must be forklift certified or able to obtain forklift, aerial
- Valid Driver's License required.
Physical Demands (The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job)
- Standing -Frequently
- Walking -Frequently
- Driving -Seldom
- Using hands- Continuously
- Climbing -Frequently
- Stooping, Kneeling -Frequently
- Talking, Hearing -Frequently
- Tasting, Smelling -Occasionally
- Up to 10 pounds - Frequently
- Up to 25 pounds -Frequently
- Up to 50 pounds-Occasionally
- More than 50 pounds with assistance -Occasionally
- More than 100 lbs -Seldom/Never, Occasionally
Work Environment (The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while successfully performing the essential
functions of the job)
• Subject to indoor facility and outdoor weather
conditions, dust, noise, heat/cold.
- Lighting - Good
- Temperature -Fair
- Ventilation -Good
- Vibration -Fair
- Noise -Fair
Travel Required (Indicate type of travel and % of
time travel is required)
- Minimal travel may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Charlotte , Electrician (+5k sign on bonus), Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!