Maintenance Coordinator (C Crew)(5:45am-6:15pm)
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for directing activities
such as adjustments and repairs that maintains equipment and
facilities to operate in the safest and most productive condition,
supporting continuous improvement, production strategies and plant
reliability of snack food equipment and building
Essential Job Duties
- Understands and adheres to governmental regulatory
programs and policies, including, but not limited to: National Fire
Protection Association (NFPA) 70 National Electrical Code, NFPA 70E
Arc Flash Electrical Safety, NFPA 70B Electrical Maintenance, NFPA
79 Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery, Uniform Building
Code (UBC), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and local
government environmental agency policies.
- Practices and complies with all plant and maintenance
department safety procedures, including but not limited to:
Lock-Out - Tag-Out; Arc Flash and Hot Work
- Understands the concept of Permit Required Confined
Spaces and assists with proper alternate entry of re-classified
confined spaces when necessary.
- Follows all applicable good manufacturing practices
(GMP's) for area assigned.
- Maintains and uses appropriate personal protective
equipment (PPE) in accordance with Occupational Safety and Health
Administration (OSHA), food handling before and after equipment
inspection and repair activities.
- Attends classes, seminars, and in-house training as
needed to maintain skill level with changes in the
- Effectively works and functions as a lead person, in a
team based environment, with little or no direct supervision.
- Interacts and confers with supervisors and management to
coordinate shift activities, resolve machinery issues, and meet
- Directs team members on assigned shift in electrical,
electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, plumbing, HVAC, and/or pneumatic
maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, and
- Oversee and performs Preventative Maintenance (PM),
Predictive Maintenance (PDM), corrective repairs, special
projects/equipment rebuilds and directing outside service
technicians/contractors on-site for technical
- Support diagnosing and resolution of
breakdowns/malfunctions in machinery, equipment, and
- Direct and assist with analyzing and resolving work
problems leverage methodologies including, but not limited to: root
cause analysis (RCA), break down analysis (BDA) and cause maps to
identify and resolve equipment issues.
- Training and development of new maintenance mechanics and
- Makes improvements and suggestions to optimize
- Executes and document planned and unplanned work findings
and data during shift via Computerized Maintenance Management
- Prepare written report detailing the cause of the failure
and works with maintenance team, planner, supervisor, or other team
members to take action to prevent a reoccurrence of the
- Work closely with cross functional teams to develop and
improve current manufacturing and facilities processes.
- Repairs and installation of parts, tools and equipment.
Fabricates or modifies machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture
new products or improve existing products.
- Understands and interprets technical documents and
diagrams which include but are not limited to: factory manuals,
blueprints, schematics, diagrams limited to Single Line Electrical
Drawings, mechanical and electrical equipment schematics,
pneumatics, hydraulics, Process and Instrumentation Diagrams
(P&ID's), and etc.
- Assist with executing maintenance and repair services of
facility systems such as mechanical, electrical, and building
systems. In addition to utility systems such as heat, steam,
electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
- May facilitate maintenance team training, continuous
improvement training and attend production/operation
- May be trained and available as the back-up for planning
and scheduling functions.
- May be required to educate team on required equipment
care concepts of autonomous maintenance (AM) including but not
limited to: cleaning, inspection and lubrication (CIL) and basic
parts and tools usage.
- May be required to scope out new projects based on
operation needs and plans for materials and resources needed to
maintain optimum production levels.
- May perform other duties as required.
Statement of Coverage
Scope of Responsibility
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities,
but is in a 'lead" role.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Read, interprets common technical journals, synthesizing
complex or diverse information and carries out detailed written or
oral instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Write and present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to customers and other employees of the
- Communicate/interact with all levels of employees in a
professional manner. Work and function as a member in a team based
- Perform simple arithmetic functions including addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers,
decimals, fractions, and mixed numbers. Able to use precision
measuring equipment. Convert measures from feet/inches to decimals
and vice versa. Draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software,
and Internet software. In addition to data entry and documentation
of maintenance findings on work orders. In some cases, upload and
download of technical manuals and specifications from CMMS or
- Effectively lead work and function in a team based
- Requires attention to detail, mechanical ability and ability to
multi-task. Must be able to make good decisions under
- Demonstrates leadership when coordinating maintenance work
procedures with equipment availability, reactive calls, task
delegation and adjustments.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED with approved academic course in
basic electrical, mechanical and electronics; a minimum of 4 years
of experience in a manufacturing facility performing mechanical and
electrical inspections, troubleshooting and repairs; or equivalent
combination of education and experience required.
- Preferred Qualifications: Formal technical school education
with demonstrated aptitude and skills in mechanics, electrical,
pneumatic, carpentry, plumbing, machining and welding
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in
standardized situations, along with five years of food
manufacturing environment experience.
Professional Licenses or Certifications
- Mechanical, electrical certifications/licenses preferred but
- Valid Driver's License.
- Must be Forklift certified or able to obtain forklift, aerial
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Charlotte , Maintenance Coordinator (C Crew)(5:45am-6:15pm), Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!