Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Plant FP&A Lead is responsible for providing financial
support to the Manufacturing facility to enhance profitability
through detailed understanding and review of plant costs. The
lead will leverage finance tools and processes to drive clarity of
results to influence operations leadership. Individual will
create or sustain a strong controls environment with focus on
accurately representing plant costs, assets and liabilities and
leverage this strong understanding of the accounting to model and
create opportunities for cost improvement.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for the accuracy of the standard costs starting
with the bill of materials and item costs, labor routings, labor
rates, as well as overhead assignments.
- Reports variances to set standards in a manner that supervisors
and managers can understand and takes corrective action.
Accountable for the performance of the plant, explaining all
production variances on a weekly / monthly basis as well as
participating in the proactive measures to reduce variances from
- Analyzes and models changes in product design, raw materials,
overhead, manufacturing methods, etc., for effects on production
- Analyze and report manufacturing efficiency variances and
determine corrective action requirements. Ensures items are
correctly classified and all reporting is prepared in accordance
- Assists with estimating, tracking, and reporting costs
associated with new product development and contract manufacturing
- Assists in developing, installing, and maintaining cost
accounting methods and procedures.
- Carries out with appreciable latitude for actions and decisions
all aspects of difficult projects that are broad in nature and
require originality and/or ingenuity.
- May oversee the completion of projects including planning;
assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work;
evaluating results, etc.
- May serve as technical resource to others in the resolution of
complex problems, and orient, train, assign, mentor, and review the
work of others. Acts as subject matter expert in
understanding and interpreting accounting principles.
- Support plant/corporate Enabler (cost savings) programs toward
driving YoY productivity improvements.
- Reviews control procedures over accounting and financial
activities. Provides guidance to ensure that internal accounting
controls are in place to protect company assets. Ensures an
adequate system of internal control is maintained, and that general
ledger accounts are correctly stated, maintains SOX
- Supports the Plant / Division Controller
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Independent; works under only minimal instructions and expected
to determine how to accomplish the work assignments.
- This job has limited supervisory responsibilities but does act
in a lead role.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Good working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting
- Good understanding of process standard cost accounting.
- Must have a proven record of success as a strategically
oriented financial manager with knowledge of cost accounting,
production planning and operations analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability
to seek resources as needed.
- Collaborative interpersonal skills with the ability to build
and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the
- Results-oriented focus and approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
Outlook and Access).
- Ability to drive process improvement.
- Very strong organizational and business process skills with
attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently on a variety of
assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to accurately determine deadlines.
- Must understand process flows and have an above average
understanding of process capabilities within their facilities.
- SAP, Oracle, or Power BI experience preferred
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance required.
A minimum of 5+ years of direct experience in the field
CPA or CMA is preferred.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, and use hands to
finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally
required to stand and walk.
The noise level in the work environment is quiet in the office
areas but loud and hearing protection is required in the plant.
Travel is required 5% of the time.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Charlotte , FP&A Lead, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!