TECHNICIAN, MAINTENANCE (FULL-TIME)
Company: SSC Services for Education
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Posted Date: Aug 25, 2021
- We are hiring immediately for a MAINTENANCE
- Location: Queens University - 1900 Selwyn ave.
Charlotte, NC 28274 Note: online applications
- Schedule: Full-Time: 7:00am - 3:30pm. More details
- Requirement: Previous experience preferred and a valid
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying
Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text
JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID
The advertised program is
an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with
Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may
apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
Diversity of thought
and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to
start your journey with us today!
SSC Services for Education
is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC
truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing
our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive
training, providing supportive management, and offering
unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career
advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that
differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education
is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider.
As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as
great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own
future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of
the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through
their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude.
The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the
Summary: Performs a variety of maintenance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities May
- Maintains, repairs, cleans and operates the plant, shops,
mechanical areas, exterior grounds and campus facilities.
- Performs basic maintenance duties and repairs as assigned;
contacts supervisors, skilled trade vendors or on-call personnel as
- Updates work statuses, timing, and costs of repairs using a
variety of company tech systems.
- Provides fleet maintenance support including but not limited to
welding, plumbing, electrical, food truck kitchen maintenance,
driving of vehicles, on campus fleet troubleshooting support,
generator fixes, and general maintenance.
- Assists in making decisions on all minor and routine repairs;
reports major problems to the supervisor, foreman or
- Cleans sidewalks and parking areas; picks up and disposes of
trash, debris, branches and similar items.
- Operates electrical and gasoline-powered equipment.
- Maintains equipment; performs minor equipment repairs using
power and hand tools.
- Performs a variety of other unskilled or semi-skilled tasks
such as minor carpentry, plumbing, painting, minor electrical work,
lamp changing and drywall maintenance.
- Responds to emergency problems in the facility; performs
emergency repairs as needed.
- Maintains logs, performs rounds and completes maintenance work
orders, tests and inspections.
- Reads, comprehends and transmits complicated detailed
instructions verbally and in writing.
- Serves as a member of facility's emergency response team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications May Include:
- One year of related experience as a maintenance
worker/technician in a similar-sized institution or in a grounds
- Valid driver's license.
- Some exposure to elevated degrees of high heat, noise, dust,
dirt and/or areas requiring infection control. Requires meeting
deadlines for completion of work on a daily basis. Must be able to
work all hours, including weekends and nights, as necessary, in
order to maintain facility at the appropriate and safe level.
Associates at SSC are offered many fantastic
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the
following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following
benefits to associates:
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
Req ID: 809772
Keywords: SSC Services for Education, Charlotte , TECHNICIAN, MAINTENANCE (FULL-TIME), Other , CHARLOTTE, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!