Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Facilities Reliability Manager is responsible for managing and
coordinating the maintenance and repair and regulatory compliance
of site facility infrastructure and equipment.
Essential Job Duties:
Manages and leads the maintenance and repair of facility
infrastructure, systems, and equipment. Coordinates
activities between departments; ensures established costs, quality,
and delivery commitments are met.
Prepares project proposals, submits to project team and
supports execution of project by providing or leading resources to
successful completion. Develops or oversees the development
of conceptual designs and capital requirements. Monitors and
evaluates project execution; establishes priorities and sequences;
maintains project documentation and prepares informational reports.
Ensures achievement of project goals.
Manages the development of, and monitoring of, the capital
and maintenance budgets including expenses and
Oversees regulatory compliance for Waste Water Treatment,
grease and oil use and disposal. Interprets regulations,
establishes procedures and audits for compliance. Maintains
Performs preventative maintenance (PM) operational
Manages safe work practices with team members and observes
safe work practices. Interprets company safety policies,
procedures, and regulations; familiarizes team members.
Ensures a safe working environment.
Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists team
members in solving work problems. Troubleshoots unusual or
difficult issues requiring coordination and communication across
cross-functional departments and contractors; follows through with
Develops, trains, coaches and/or mentors direct reports
and team members. Familiarizes team with established
policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Provides technical guidance.
Interprets and ensures consistent application of company
Prepares and distributes reports for regulatory
compliance, preventative maintenance audit results, work order
completion ratios, etc.; communicates issues and problem solving
May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Somewhat independent; work frequently done independently by
following practices and procedures.
- Makes independent decisions.
- Directly manages 10-20 employees; indirectly, maintenance
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
Snyder's-Lance policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints,
varying writing style to meet needs and or speaking clearly and
persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Manages needs of the site by assigning resources to
execute planned and unplanned work via work pack or reactive
- Populates KPI Scorecard and Charts and tracks KPI
information in order to influence behaviors that lead to positive
results. Addresses Bad Actor assets.
- Completes Root Cause Investigations, identifies
corrective actions and follows through to thwart repeat
- Coordinates Facility Contractor work needed to maintain
and repair Facility
- Ensures scheduled maintenance and repairs are completed
and that critical audited tasks are completed and recorded for
required auditing by Federal, State and Local
- Creates and Manages Contractor Maintenance Agreements,
working with Procurement to ensure legal
- Ensures capital and expense budgeting and spending
tracking processes are adhered to and improved. Communicates
financial commitments and accruals to Finance on a monthly basis.
Ensures timely receipt of goods and services is
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish
facts, and draw valid conclusions and
- Works with Site Planning and Scheduling Team to
coordinate all activities through Outage and Planning
- Develops workforce through successful completion and
continuous improvement of the Competency Training
- Ability to exercise discretion while managing
- Knowledgeable of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet
software, and Internet software.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university; a minimum
of 7 years related experience and/or training; a minimum of 3 years
supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, talk or hear, and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel.
- The employee must be able to sit most of the day, typing and
using the phone.
Manufacturing environment, noise level requires hearing protection
in some areas, temperature in some areas may be hot.
Occasional need to be outside in adverse weather
No travel required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.