Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Planner, Materials is responsible for analyzing, planning, and
maintaining materials for use in Production by determining the
quantity and date materials are needed to ensure optimal inventory
levels and to support valid plans. Responsible for inventory
levels at respective site location.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develops, publishes, maintains and executes material plans that
balance customer service versus inventory levels, effective asset
utilization, site-specific limitations on quantities due to
equipment and facility parameters, and volatility of supplies such
as perishable raw materials.
- Assures production schedule needs for materials, including raw
and consumable materials, are met through rigorous and constant
monitoring, schedule modification, PO issuance, PO reconciliation,
and delivery/consumption tracking.
- Performs bottom-up re-planning to ensure materials protect
customer requirements when supply will not be adequate and works
with the Master Production Scheduler and Production Scheduler when
bottom-up re-planning will not resolve the shortage.
- Assumes all long term planning responsibilities in VI4 org on
brands film, corrugate, pre-print and other materials as necessary.
Utilizes long-term planning tools to develop collaboration with
suppliers and ensure material availability.
- Develops and maintains appropriate measures and tracking tools
that control materials inventory levels and minimize obsolescence
and loss of perishable raw materials, including managing runouts of
unique materials through SKU Rationalization. Measures days on
hand, downtime due to material outage, accurate planning
parameters, and inventory investment.
- Serves as primary contact for raw material deliveries and
assures material deliveries minimize unscheduled production changes
and supply chain issues during all hours of plant operation. This
includes non-standard office hours, which can incorporate evenings
- Updates and maintains current MRP item master planning
parameters including; planner code, planning lead times, order
policy codes (order modifiers), safety stock, safety time, and
other assigned data fields.
- Communicates with manufacturing, quality (including vendor
return coordination), engineering, purchasing, marketing
warehousing and master production scheduling personnel regarding
raw material changes, packaging changes, supply, or quality
problems and potential solutions, providing feedback to any
impacted internal department or external suppliers.
- Serves as a resource to warehouse personnel in identifying and
resolving root causes of inventory errors on assigned materials for
the purpose of process improvement
- Researches and resolves PO receipt accuracy issues and
identifies root cause when applicable for the purpose of process
- Schedules material deliveries in accordance with published
- Maintains on-going communications and participates in
cross-functional team meetings as necessary.
- Participates in the daily production scheduling meeting as well
as the weekly master production scheduling meeting.
- Assures timely payment of supplier invoices through monitoring
of receipts in comparison with the accounts payable system and
ensures credit is received for off quality materials as
- Performs purchase orders for plant OGS materials while helping
to research for least landed cost of materials.
- Participates with Procurement on root cause analysis and
resolutions if supplier delivery performance for the materials
assigned is less than minimum required.
- Performs annual supplier review with major plant
- Assists in developing new items.
- Communicates directly with suppliers in all matters relating to
quantity required and delivery schedule, changes, or issues
- Designs, produces, and distributes supplier schedules weekly
directly from the ERP system's MRP module.
- Assists in establishing supplier scheduling time fences and
expectations regarding schedule stability, execution, and change
approval within those time fences.
- Participates in management of slow moving, trial and
transitioning items in coordination with other organization
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Statement of Coverage:
Scope of Responsibility:
Works independently with minimal supervision; work frequently done
independently by following practices and procedures while
occasionally having work checked. Role generally exercises a
moderate to high level of discretion and independent judgement.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common business
- Ability to respond to common inquiries and
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to exercise discretion while managing confidential
- Ability to manage time effectively to meet production needs and
- Demonstrates the ability to use intuition and experience to
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel (Basic), Materials
Requirements Planning software, Internet software and Outlook.
Education and Experience:
Associate degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a Supply
Chain environment required; or equivalent combination of education
and experience. Bachelor's degree and MRP experience
Professional Licenses or Certifications:
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is regularly required to talk or hear, and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, and
The duties of this role primarily take place in an office
environment where the noise level is usually moderate. The employee
in this role is also regularly in a production and/or warehouse
environment where the employee can become exposed to moving
mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather
conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet
and/or humid conditions. Floors are often slippery with water, oil
Travel is occasionally required for this position, less than 10% of
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Charlotte , Materials Planner, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!