Posted on: September 16, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Dental Assistant provides required documentation of services to
the Dentist or designee in order to monitor the provision of dental
services. This includes maintaining dental charts, keeping records
of dental findings, and scheduling patients for dental
MUST HAVE MINIMUM 1 YEAR EXP
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Previous experience as a Dental Assistant
- Current CPR Certification
- Utilizes standard precautions during all dental encounters
- Provides chair-side assistance by maintaining clear field of
operation, passing instruments, suctioning, etc. as needed
- Sterilizes instruments utilized in the dental office
- Mixes restorative materials as required
- Assists in performing of intra-oral and extra-oral x-rays
- Develops and mounts x-ray films as needed
- Performs intra-oral tasks with dentist supervision
- Maintains x-ray unit, processor, autoclave and dental unit(s)
according to specifications
- Notifies H.S.A if equipment is not in appropriate working
- Inventories supplies and equipment maintaining adequate levels
- Orders supplies and equipment
- Ensures that sufficient number of trays is set up for the days
patients; pulpotomy, caries control, amalgam, and
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of dental clinic through
careful sanitation practices
- Completes daily instrument count sheet maintaining security
control of all instruments within the dental office
- If daily instruments count is incorrect, they complete reports
to Security and H.S.A
- Performs dental screenings as directed
- Completes weekly: Cleans developer, cleans autoclave, prepares
- Completes monthly: Cleans x-ray unit and film processor,
submits monthly statistics report to H.S.A.
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Charlotte , Dental Assistant, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!