Enterprise Data Architect - Remote
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping
the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better
products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest
portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies
solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products
limited only by imagination.
The Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for working with
business stakeholders and technical staff to steward the data
aspects of ANSYS projects and enterprise efforts. The Architect
partners with business functions to translate business strategy and
requirements into solutions that support the business needs and
align with the strategic data direction.
The Enterprise Data Architect role has a high degree of complexity
and requires execution of tactical day-to-day initiatives, teamwork
and collaboration, and contributing to the development of a
long-term data strategy.
• Design and validate solutions that are flexible and scalable for
one or more projects, through the application of proven data
architecture patterns and principles.
• Participate in the estimation, planning, and delivery of data
architecture artifacts around integration, data structures, data
sharing, data mapping and lineage, and master data management
domain rules and workflows.
• Collaborate with developers and technical leads on detailed data
designs and specifications to ensure alignment with project goals
and long-term data strategy.
• Collaborate with members of the Data Management team to
contribute to the enterprise data architecture standards and
documentation of current state inventory and configurations.
• Participates in data stewardship and data governance efforts for
multiple data domains.
• Participates in defining strategies and plans for adoption,
rationalization, and retirement of transactional, operational, and
analytical databases and their corresponding applications.
• Partner with business and technology teams to understand the
implications of their respective needs on the overall data
architecture and maximize the value of information across the
• Experience with data architecture patterns for transactional
business systems, data integration data warehouse design and
implementation, business intelligence, and master data
• Experience with distributed management and analytics in cloud and
• Experience using Agile development methodology.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Technology,
Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
• 8+ years related experience.
• Knowledge and application of principles and patterns of
enterprise level data architecture.
• Experience using data modeling tools, such as Idera ER/Studio or
ErWin for operational and data warehouse design patterns.
• Experience using data profiling tools and techniques for data
• Experience with Master Data Management (MDM) systems, domains,
workflows and stewardship.
• Experience with data warehouse design, implementation, patterns,
and data history tracking
• Experience with data integration patterns, techniques, and
• Experience with developing enterprise and project data
• Knowledge of various programming languages and development tools,
including (but not limited to) Oracle/Microsoft data development
tools, Java, Visual Studio, Toad, JSON, and XML.
• Superior interpersonal skills, including excellent written and
oral communication skills
• Business acumen and the ability to communicate to business and
• Strong time management and decision-making skills, drive for
results and good organizational skills
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a dynamic,
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform
us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a
wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and
regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They
are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're
facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live
our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for
fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most
visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with
innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the
prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class
companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to
rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at
Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the
collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission
accomplished". It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with
strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real
people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on
respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the
world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class
simulation technology so our customers can turn their design
concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower
cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys
has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies
by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any
unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire,
no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Nearest Major Market: Pittsburgh
Keywords: ANSYS, Charlotte , Enterprise Data Architect - Remote, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!