Project Development Manager
Company: Trane Technologies
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands –
including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling
and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and
perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less
environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon
emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly
challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Execute Project Acquisition
process for various Master Contracting Vehicles and processes
necessary to develop the sale of these projects to the ultimate
satisfaction of the customer. Responsible for Acquisition Support
and development of Design-Build Turnkey and ESPC projects for
Partners closely with various
members of the acquisition team and operations team; including
territory leadership, district leadership, account executives,
project developers, energy engineers, project managers, technicians
and hired consulting engineers. Scope includes development of
Design-Build Turnkey projects for commercial, governmental and
private customers. This position requires mastery of leadership,
acquisition, technical aptitude and project management skills. May
own responsibility for multiple individual projects
Essential Functions and
Responsibilities include the following: (Other functions may be
- Leads development teams to ensure efficiency, effectiveness,
and on-time delivery of proposals.
- Ensures projects follow standard process to ensure accuracy and
delivery on agreed timeline.
- Provides day to day team mentoring and guidance, guides
development process for team members.
- Effectively partners and develops/presents to internal and
- Leads meetings, workshops and conference calls, both internally
and with customers.
Business Acumen and Technical
- Acts with a bias towards customer satisfaction and growth,
balanced with appropriate risk analysis.
- Ability to understand construction methods/practices and
communicate and manage team efforts to direct subcontractors in an
effort to obtain critical proposal information.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in Project Management and its
- Responsible for reviewing contract documents and conducting job
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns,
implementing corrective action, and communication with staff, as
needed, and providing customer feedback.
- Participate in development of contract language and strategy as
it relates to energy guarantees.
- Provide project risk assessment and recommend overall guarantee
levels for preliminary and detailed facility energy audits and
energy conservation measures (architectural, mechanical,
electrical, etc.) in commercial, institutional, and industrial
- Ability to develop and interpret project financials (pro forma
cash flow) and financial information in a selling environment.
- Ability to negotiate cost and scope with subcontractors and
manage projects to complete within budgets and schedules.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
(Understands and can effectively lead and coach teams):
- Can lead/direct building “walk-throughs” and identify energy
conservation measures (architectural, mechanical, electrical, etc.)
in commercial, institutional and industrial facilities.
- Ability to understand construction methods/practices and
communicate and direct subcontractors in an effort to obtain
critical proposal information.
- Act as a technical resource for the development team on complex
and advanced engineering projects
- Understands the economic impacts of utility company rate
structures and supply side options in a wide variety of customer
- Understands scopes of work for consulting engineers performing
Investment Grade building audits, and manages execution of
professional services agreements.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Knowledgeable of the preparation of cost estimates for
- Ability to handle significant travel, including international,
with overnight stays (up to 50%).
- Consistently meet short- and long-term deadlines and meet and
exceed the needs of internal and external customers.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as
- Works with the Proposal Team, providing technical writing and
input for the development of proposals
- Handles other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Engineering/Technical or Business degree or equivalent work
- Minimum 10 years in Energy industry experience and financial
selling background required.
- Minimum 10 years in Systems/HVAC/Controls industry and minimum
1 year in Performance Contracting experience.
- Selling skills a plus, but not necessary.
Ability to read, analyze, and
interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control
drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment
specifications, and governmental regulations. Ability to write
reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from top
management, customers, and service personnel.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work regularly and dependably.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Demonstrate ability to cope with stress and maintain a pleasant
and cooperative temperament with internal and external
- Demonstrated sound judgment on large, complex construction
- Demonstrate ability to utilize conflict resolution skills
- Desire for hands-on project development and customer
- Valid Driver’s License.
- CEM certification preferred, but not required.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and
programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional
and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is
inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving
customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s
possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our
communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Charlotte , Project Development Manager, Other , Davidson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!