Principal Security Engineer I - Spectrum Enterprise
Posted on: July 22, 2021
At a glance:
- Are you a security engineering expert skilled at identifying
and resolving potential threats and vulnerabilities?
- Can you commit to a leadership role improving security
operations and service delivery?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work
environment that encourages our team members to reach their full
potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates
diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently
exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a
national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving
America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and
managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and
networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's
industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to
achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to
meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum
Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
As the Principal Security Engineer I, you focus on fortifying our
network operations and service delivery through the implementation
of new security technologies and the enhancement of existing ones.
You accelerate company growth by working closely with Network
Engineering and technical staff to monitor, detect and alert on
potential security threats. You excel at identifying threats to
Spectrum Enterprise's signal processing hardware, software and
electrical systems. You maximize company-wide efforts by serving as
the technical network security expert.
You accelerate remediation efforts by leading and coordinating the
incident response process for Network Security Operations. You have
an aptitude for identifying roadblocks and overcoming obstacles to
see network security restored efficiently and effectively. Using
your industry expertise, you upgrade existing technologies to
integrate the latest threat intelligence, develop requirements for
new operational countermeasures and deploy them. You thrive in an
office environment working with multiple internal teams. You report
directly to the Director of Network Engineering for goals, guidance
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Design and implement process and control procedures to
correlate security-relevant systems and application log data in
order to alert and report on potential security events.
- Drive the security event incident response lifecycle by leading
all security countermeasures.
- Ensure that Spectrum Enterprise's network is securely
configured and appropriately protected through the design and
implementation of effective vulnerability management infrastructure
- Improve the existing security operations through analysis and
revision of the system logic to better detect security
- Efficiently resolve cyber incidents by coordinating and
- Review work plans and designs and advise on security
requirement improvements for senior leadership to leverage.
- Maximize the department by mentoring and guiding the work of
the technical security team.
- Mitigate risks by complying with security standards, policies
and procedures for all security events.
- Maintain project compliance by adhering to industry-specific
local, state and federal regulations.
Required keys for success:
- Four or more years of information security operations
- Five or more years of IT or network experience.
- Five or more years of information security experience.
- Expert in network and system security vulnerabilities and
- In-depth understanding of security exploits prevention, how to
detect security attacks and anomalies and how to respond to
- In-depth knowledge of related industry specifications and
standards, including NIST, CSRIC, firewalls, intrusion detection
and prevention, DNS, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies
- Knowledgeable of forensic methodologies and best practices to
investigate intrusions, preserve evidence and coordinate a unified
- Advanced knowledge in network security design, transmission
control protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP) protocols and topology
and network security architecture.
- Experience in managing information security events and
incidents for large, sophisticated networks.
- Proven track record of leading teams with the ability to work
across functional boundaries, build consensus and drive
- Issue resolution and process orientation skills with the
ability to balance competing priorities.
- History of managing teams and resources during complex and
- Confident when presenting data to all levels of an
- Effective written and spoken English communications skills with
all levels of an organization.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- Knowledge of firewall, intrusion detection systems and router
- Versed in security information and event management (SIEM) and
log management tools.
- Adept at computer forensics tools, such as Encase or FTK.
- Previous experience in a security operations team.
- Experience with incident response management.
- Bachelor's degree in cybersecurity, computer science,
information systems or a related field, or an equivalent
combination of education, training and experience (required).
- Master's degree in cybersecurity or a related field
- Certified information systems security professional (CISSP)
- Industry or vendor-specific certification and training in UNIX,
Cisco or Juniper (required).
- Certified ethical hacking certification (CEH) (preferred).
- SANS Global information assurance certification
Keywords: Spectrum, Charlotte , Principal Security Engineer I - Spectrum Enterprise, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!