Director, Application Architect & Data Engineering - Spectrum Enterprise
Posted on: July 22, 2021
At a glance:
- Are you an experienced leader skilled at guiding application
architecture and data engineering?
- Can you commit to a role developing forward-looking technology
plans for data curation, data governance and applications?
- Do you desire an influential role guiding the progress of a
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work
environment that encourages our team members to reach their full
potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates
diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently
exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a
national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving
America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and
managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and
networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's
industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to
achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to
meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum
Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
You accelerate revenue generation through the development of the
vision for Spectrum Enterprise's applications and data. As the
Director of Application Architecture and Data Engineering, you
focus on developing future-looking technology plans that maximize
our products and services. You excel at planning out detailed
roadmaps for applications, data engineering, data curation and data
governance. You identify roadblocks and overcome obstacles to
complete projects using cross-functional communication and
participation in line with company objectives. You thrive in an
office environment guiding a team of engineers. You report directly
to the VP of Architecture & Automation Strategy for goals and
- Competitive salary with a long-term incentive plan
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%
- Pretax childcare spending accoun
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Encourage company-wide excellence by supporting all efforts to
simplify and enhance the client experience.
- Develop and roadmap a forward-looking Spectrum Enterprise
vision by collaborating with internal boundary partners and
- Continually monitor projects and initiatives to ensure business
objectives are met while working with boundary partners to develop
strategies and resolve roadblocks.
- Enhance the client experience by working with boundary
partners, such as Product and Engineering, to evaluate long-term
- Improve applications by defining the application behavior while
focusing on how applications interact with each other and
- Meet Engineering requirements for applications through the
evaluation of data consumed and produced by applications and
working with the Data Engineering team.
- Ensure application success by evaluating the interactions
between existing and new applications, upgrades, databases and
middleware and providing defined execution and resolution
- Mitigate risks by defining documentation repositories,
programming languages and general framework around the Spectrum
Enterprise application portfolio while ensuring compliance with all
data privacy rules.
- Serve as a technical expert to Engineering and Implementation
teams to ensure the successful execution of projects.
- Maximize team performances by providing training as required to
internal and external teams.
- Lay the foundation of future applications through an
understanding and management of the dynamic nature of our business
needs and partners.
- Identify, design and implement internal processes to improve
application architecture and data engineering, including the
re-designing of infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing
data delivery and automating manual processes.
- Build the required infrastructure to optimally extract,
transform and load data from various data sources, including NEO4J
- Utilize the data pipeline and provide actionable insight into
key business performance metrics, including operational efficiency
and client acquisition, by building comprehensive analytical
- Work with Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to support
data infrastructure needs while assisting with data-related
- Synthesize raw data and make it more useful by finding trends
in data sets and developing algorithms.
- Understand how to optimize data retrieval and how to develop
dashboards and other visualizations to enhance stakeholder
- Inform boundary partners by monitoring and reporting useful
data trends and conducting research for business questions.
- Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and
statistical methods to deliver data to stakeholders while
assembling large, complex data sets that meet business
- Manage the availability, usability, integrity and security of
data to identify ways to improve reliability and quality.
- Ensure data is trustworthy and consistent by making available a
specific database of records for all data fields that are
- Harmonize all Spectrum Enterprise data through a collaborative
process with stakeholders from the various business units
- Collaborate with the Data Engineering and Data Curation teams
to ensure regulatory compliance, improve data quality and lower
data management costs.
- Establish data distribution policies by working with boundary
partners and contract resources.
Required keys for success:
- Eight or more years of leadership experience in a
communications service provider environment.
- Ten or more years of engineering work experience.
- Expert in a wide range of application protocols, such as
Python, SQL, Hadoop, NEO4j, JS, Agile and other standard full stack
- Extensive business process expertise with experience managing
large complex teams and cross-functional relationships.
- Knowledgeable of network and software systems related to
designing, implementing and managing complex networks.
- History of leading a diverse group with the ability to build
and sustain strong working relationships across multiple functions
within the Operations Support System (OSS), IT, Product and
- Track record of developing, communicating and implementing
strategies and tactics with the ability to manage and deliver
against several initiatives simultaneously.
- Prioritization and organization skills with the ability to make
decisions and resolve issues while working under pressure
- Experience consistently delivering a set of products that
follow industry standards and best practices.
- Demonstrated shared values and leadership consistent with
Spectrum Enterprise values.
- Dedicated to innovation, strong business ethics, diversity,
quality and client-focused service.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, information systems or a
related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training
and experience (required).
- Master's degree in business administration or a related field
- Industry and vendor-specific certifications (preferred).
Keywords: Spectrum, Charlotte , Director, Application Architect & Data Engineering - Spectrum Enterprise, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!