IT Splunk Architect
Company: Corning Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials
science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its
unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical
physics to develop products that have created new industries and
transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique
combination of material and process innovation, and close
collaboration with customers to solve tough technology
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts
to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and
optimize end to end business processes and associated information
integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to
improve the competitive position of Corning's businesses through IT
enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology
applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost
efficient manner to Corning worldwide. Overview: Seeking a Splunk
Architect who will be a member of the Cyber team. This person needs
to have experience in designing, developing, and deploying SIEM
based solutions like Splunk, Elk or other, in both on premise and
cloud-based environments. This person will help design and
implement multiple Splunk projects to enhance our log analytics,
visualization and analysis initiative that is a key facilitator of
our observability platform. The ideal candidate will have a
creative and open mind, bring a fresh perspective to the cyber
team, and be passionate about protecting, defending, and responding
to computer related incidents. Scope:
- Core responsibilities include architecting our Platform
focusing on Splunk.
- Provide real-time alerting, analytics and correlation through
ML/AI, and insights through advanced dashboarding.
- To help move our global monitoring from reactive to
preventative. What you'll do?
- Architect and develop our log analytics, visualization, and
- Use AI/ML to enable insights
- Provide creative methods of taking terabytes of information to
easily understood visual representations of metrics for analysis
via panels, tables, or graphs, and alerting
- Will further define and build our observability platform
- Develop and document future state.
- Help build a collaborative culture through delivery of
functionality in a DevOps model.
- Be a leader and expert on Splunk practices and components
- Be an evangelist of Splunk in the company
- Lead, teach and develop Splunk talent throughout the
- Design and implement Splunk maintenance and operation
- Scope and implement Splunk projects with an emphasis on
ES/ITSI, from start-to-finish, including but not limited to:
- Gathering requirements
- Data ingestion (forwarders, API calls, DB queries, modular
- Mapping data fields to CIM
- Dashboard Creation and iteration What we are looking for:
- ---15+ years' experience in Enterprise IT Infrastructure
- Has an in-depth knowledge of SPLUNK and the interactions of
other applications connected to it.
- Experience with ES including full-stack monitoring, event
correlation, noise reduction
- Experience with ML/AI technologies
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and how components correlate
(servers [Windows and Linux], databases, storage arrays, networking
equipment, Active directory, etc.)
- Have led initiatives and collaboration across global teams
- Can develop highly complex solutions based on complex
- Experience with all components of a distributed Splunk
environment (search head and index clusters, deployment servers, DB
Connect and similar, forwarders, management consoles)
- Creation and maintenance of alerts, saved searches, and other
- Experience using Splunk to monitor private and public
- Prepares and maintains systems and application support
documentation and schematics.
- Experience in incident response, analysis, and remediation Soft
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, planning and organizing skills.
- Agile thinker with adaptability to changing priorities
- Demonstrates a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach
to problem solving This position does not support immigration
sponsorship. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race,
color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any
other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals
with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to
participate in the job application or interview process, to perform
essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
Keywords: Corning Inc., Charlotte , IT Splunk Architect, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!