Data Center Supervisor
Posted on: November 23, 2020
The Data Center Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing all
aspects of data center operations to include: 24x7 staffing,
facility infrastructure testing and preventive maintenance, service
delivery, quality assurance, adherence to corporate standards and
processes, oversight of all hardware assets within the data center
(internal and customer assets), and continuous improvement to
operations within the data center, documenting, tracking, and
monitoring problems to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
Requiring the ability to manage multiple projects at once including
coordinating work efforts of internal and external resources as
needed. Minimal direct supervision required to fulfill these
* Provides quality internal and external customer service
surrounding the Company values.
* Maintain staffing plan to meet business needs and objectives.
* Maintain staff schedule to meet appropriate shift coverage.
* Define employee goals and objectives.
* Deliver employee communications through regularly scheduled group
meetings, one on one sessions, and yearly reviews.
* Assist with new hire interviewing and review support capabilities
and establish plans to improve staff performance.
* Establish, enhance and enforce operations processes to drive
efficiency and lower operational costs.
* Task manage resources for complex or high-profile
* Oversee and drive projects to on-time completion.
* Develop positive relationships with all internal and external
* Provide leadership in resolving/addressing customer issues.
* Ensure appropriate levels of spares for all dedicated and managed
servers and peripherals.
* Plan and coordinate maintenance activities.
* Work evenings and weekends as required overseeing critical
maintenance activities and incidents.
* Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
* Adequate professional experience and knowledge to perform Job
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
* Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to work both independently and with others
* Ability to operate in a fast moving, team-oriented, collaborative
environment with tight deadlines
* Proficiency in using MS Office Suite and Windows-based computer
* Proactively assess data center facility requirements and capacity
* Coordinate and oversee regular testing and preventive maintenance
of critical facilities infrastructure.
* Solid understanding of critical facilities infrastructure
(mechanical, electrical, fire suppression, security, etc.)
* Understanding of building management systems and controls.
* Understanding of data center best practices (hot-aisle /
cold-aisle cabinet placement, service space requirements, power
distribution, network cabling, etc.)
* Ability and desire to create documentation and procedures.
* Ability to identify and resolve issues effectively.
* Ability to provide basic troubleshooting for different technical
* Understanding of firewalls, VPNs, load-balancing solutions.
* Understanding of various host and network security solutions.
* Understanding of Linux and Windows systems administration.
* Solid understanding of OS installation and configuration.
* Previous leadership or mentoring experience.
* A solid understanding of the service provider business.
* Ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues.
* Ability to coordinate projects and programs to ensure that all
* work meet the quality standards, defined scope, and costs of the
* Ability to manage projects/programs from concept development
* Ability to lead and direct the work of others with or without the
benefit of a
* direct reporting relationship.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment.
* Must exhibit a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
* Ability to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and
* Ability to utilize independent judgment and to support senior
* operational type projects.
* Ability to work with personnel at all levels within the
* Must have excellent direct customer relations experience.
* Strong interpersonal skills; must work effectively with
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written; must
* effectively and in a professional manner.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks, manage priorities, and remain
* at all times.
* Solid understanding of server hardware platforms (Dell, HP,
* Proficiency with common business applications (Word, Outlook,
* Ability to use a PC, keyboard, and other standard office
* Prior experience particularly in the data center industry
* Office environment
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Tierpoint, Charlotte , Data Center Supervisor, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!