Patient Care Tech - AL
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Location: US-NC-CharlotteType: Full Time Employee# of Openings:
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse,
provides quality patient care and is accountable of the duties
assigned by the Registered Nurse which comply with state-specific
laws for unlicensed assistive personnel. The Patient Care
Technician is expected to maintain the nursing objectives and
standards of care at the level for which she/he is prepared. The
Patient Care Technician does not accept medical orders (direct
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively organizes time, equipment, supplies, and
- Uses equipment effectively by anticipating patient needs and
providing appropriate care.
- Confirms that proper techniques and procedures are used
according to accepted Standards of Practice and organizational
policies and procedures.
- Assists with the ordering, receiving, and storage of
- Maintains order and cleanliness of the work area.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Registered Nurse with organizing and prioritizing
patient care in accordance with the standards of care and
- Assists Registered Nurse in maintaining an environment
conducive to patient and personnel safety.
- Demonstrates comfort measures.
- Assists in admission, transfer and discharge procedures.
- Secures patient belongings
- Properly applies restraints/medical assistive devices (i.e.
wrist restraints, vests, side rails).
- Follows surgery center infection control policies.
- Ensures identification band/bracelet is on patient.
- Maintains a clutter-free environment.
- Is knowledgeable of aseptic technique and when it is used.
- Is able to demonstrate knowledge of standard precautions and
utilize in daily practice.
- Utilizes various communication equipment (i.e. pager system,
- Identifies resources for problem-solving.
- Stays informed of work area activities/changes.
- Supports work flow throughout operating rooms. This includes
knowledge of case cart system if applicable and how to obtain
additional or missing instruments and/or supplies as
- Processes basic knowledge about surgical equipment and
- Demonstrates ability to provide assistance with routine
anesthesia supplies and equipment.
- Assist with informing biomedical technicians about
- May assume clerical assistant responsibilities.
- Documents care as appropriate for the clinical patient area and
under the direction of a Registered Nurse
- Performs duties and tasks specific to the work area
- Adheres to written policies of the Surgery Center.
- Seeks educational opportunities to increase clinical competence
and enhance personal growth.
- Responsible for completing mandatory classes relative to job
responsibilities at the Surgery Center as well as for meeting
continuing education requirements for certifications.
- Participates in the orientation of new employees as directed by
Charge Registered Nurse
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma
or its (GED) equivalency with satisfactory references
- Must be current in BLS
- Must be prepared for work responsibilities through: certified
nursing assistant; or EMT or EMT-P through vocational/technical
program; or nursing student who has obtained certification letter
from faculty member after completion of clinical rotation; or
graduate of a nursing program who did not successfully complete
registered nurse licensure examination; or equivalent experience in
the field of related discipline equal to the time required to
obtain a CNA certification.
- Ability to meet deadlines
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Clear verbal communication skills
- Ability to assist in training newly hired staff on policies,
procedures and processes as directed by Registered Nurse
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate
effectively with all levels of employees, management, physicians,
patients, and visitors
- Ability to interact with clients and corporate staff in a
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to organize and follow through on own initiative
- Basic understanding of the healthcare industry
- Basic understanding of patient needs
- Good communication skills as it pertains to human
- Effectively interface with all areas of the surgery center
- Basic knowledge of healthcare related
- Basic working knowledge of medical equipment
- Working knowledge of healthcare culture and processes
- Basic knowledge of computer spreadsheets and word
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Charlotte , Patient Care Tech - AL, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!