Procurement Specialist II
Posted on: November 22, 2020
PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST II
LOCATION: CHARLOTTE, NC
THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE/FULL TIME OPPORTUNITY - USC OR GC CANDIDATES
ONLY - NO C2C OR 3RD PARTY
* Monitor, develop and maintain a strong supply chain in the areas
of quality, delivery and cost control. Help with the implementation
of best practices in procurement of equipment, materials,
subcontractor services and all related procurement processes.
* Responsible for all aspects of purchase agreement administration,
including preparation of Request for Quotes (RFQs), negotiating
terms and conditions, and awarding purchase agreements.
* Coordinate procurement of automated material handling equipment,
materials, and subcontractor services in conjunction with
engineering, project management, accounting and suppliers.
* Prepare and release Request for Quotation (RFQ), negotiates and
awards purchase orders.
* Organize, coordinate, and leads supplier negotiations for
* Participate in project cost reviews to help establish project
budgets and make recommendations for supplier selection
* Monitor and manage agreements, contracts, and supplier
* Evaluate proposals, statement of work (SOWs), and other technical
* Organize and lead evaluation teams through the supplier selection
* Manage relationships with current suppliers, identify and qualify
* Monitor and maintain records pertaining to supplier performance
and compliance, conduct audits.
* Monitor and drive improvement of supplier quality, price, safety
and on time delivery performance using KPIs
* Support the development and improvement of department
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or
Supply Chain is preferred.
* 5+ years related experience and/or training. Previous experience
assisting project teams in defining RFP/RFQ requirements,
evaluating proposal responses, and successfully managing supplier
cost and performance.
* Experience with procurement of mechanical and electrical
subcontractor services pertaining to installation of industrial
machinery and equipment is preferred.
* Experience with ERP systems such as MS Dynamics GP or SAP is
preferred. Capital procurement and coordination with 3PL is a plus.
An equivalent combination of education and/or experience is
* Possess a working knowledge of industrial machinery or automated
material handling equipment design concepts and specifications.
* Able to make decisions and act to solve problems independently
even when dealing with difficult situations
* Able to positively influence the actions and opinions of others
to achieve common goals.
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
* Working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Email; must be
proficient with Microsoft Excel
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
M/F/D/V. Click here:
to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and
require accommodation in the application process.
Keywords: Yoh, Charlotte , Procurement Specialist II, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!