Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
Job Summary (State overall purpose of the job in 2-3
The Seasoning Operator is responsible for seasoning product to
required standards while maintaining a continuous flow of product
to the packaging lines. Responsibilities include making minor
adjustments to the machinery to achieve the correct product and
seasoning flow, troubleshooting, maintenance of machinery, and
Essential Job Duties (Most important job duties explained
clearly and concisely. If mandatory overtime is required, please
list that here.)
* Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Standard
Operating Procedures (SOP), and Safety Regulations
* Maintains seasoner with correct seasoning at appropriate
* Identifies seasoning equipment problems and corrects
* Assembles and disassembles seasoning line equipment
* Handles line clean-ups and changeovers.
* Performs chemical, Kosher, and allergen cleaning.
* Performs seasoner set-up duties.
* Completes documentation for monitoring the seasoning
* Performs minor adjustments and maintenance on all
* Retrieves correct and adequate supplies from the warehouse to
sufficiently stock lines.
* Assists R&D in testing of new seasoning and conducting
* Operates case erectors.
* Performs all sanitation of scales and drums.
* Calibrates load cells for accurate seasoning application.
* Ensures product is within QA specifications and makes
adjustments if necessary.
* May perform seasoning checks on finished product.
* Performs verification on level sensors using calibration
* Performs verification on no-seasoning laser sensor.
* Assists with scale calibration.
* Utilizes operator interface panels to perform seasoning drop
tests, adjust seasoning settings and operate equipment.
* Performs troubleshooting and corrective actions for seasoning
* Communicates with Packaging Lead and Quality Assurance
regarding pertinent issues, other positions regarding training and
information, with Maintenance concerning equipment problems, and
with the warehouse concerning supplies.
* May perform other duties as required.
Statement of Coverage (In absence of incumbent, outline who will
perform the essential duties and responsibilities; applicable for
Quality Supervisors and Managers only.)
Scope of Responsibility (List Title(s) of Jobs Supervised,
Authority to act, number of employees supervised, sales volume $,
projected budget $, level of decision making or impact of decisions
made to the organization. An organizational chart should be
included with job description when submitted)
No supervisory responsibility.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (Knowledge, skills, and
abilities normally required for competent performance in the job -
writing skills, communication skills, analytical skills, attention
to detail, license, specific technical skills, etc. List licenses
or professional certifications required for the job.)
* Knowledgeable of GMP's, SOP's, and Safety Regulations.
* Basic operation of seasoning equipment.
* Knowledgeable of Kettle Foods seasoning quality standards.
* Effective interpersonal and team skills for working with
employees at all levels within the company.
* Effective math skills.
* Basic analytical skills to troubleshoot and problem solve.
* Ability to become Lock-out/Tag-out certified within three
months of employment.
* Ability to operate a pallet jack to maneuver pallets of
* Ability to work in a safe manner in a production environment
with safety hazards.
* Ability to tolerate a high temperature, high humidity and loud
noise production environment.
* Ability to work in environment with high levels of seasoning
dust and fumes and moving machinery.
* Understand programmable logic controller computer
* Ability to perform tasks independently and as part of a team
to accomplish company goals.
Education and Experience (Minimum and preferred educational
requirements, years of experience needed to successfully perform
the job - High School or GED, High School plus specialized vocation
or technical education, college degree)
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience
in a manufacturing environment required..
Professional Licenses or Certifications (List professional
licenses or certificates required for the job)
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job)
* Sitting - Seldom
* Standing - Continuously
* Walking - Frequently
* Using hands - Continuously
* Climbing - Occasionally
* Stooping, Kneeling - Frequently
* Talking, Hearing - Continuously
* Tasting, Smelling (if applicable) - Frequently
* Two Handed Carry - Frequently
* Pushing - Frequently
* Pulling - Frequently
* Overhead Work Standing - Frequently
* Ladder Climbing - Seldom
* Repetitive Twisting Standing - Continuously
* Repetitive Twisting Sitting - Seldom
* Hand Dexterity - Continuously
* Bending - Continuously
* Up to 10 pounds - Continuously
* Up to 25 pounds - Frequently
* Up to 60 pounds - Occasionally
* Up to 100 pounds - Seldom/Never
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
successfully performing the essential functions of the job)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is
frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is
occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne
particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the
work environment is usually loud.
Travel Required (Indicate type of travel and % of time travel is
No travel required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.