Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Bakery Processing Operator, under general supervision, is
responsible for the safe, efficient and continuous operation of
Essential Job Duties (Most important job duties explained
clearly and concisely. If mandatory overtime is required, please
list that here.)
* Operates the processing/baking equipment to produce product
within guidelines established by Quality Assurance and to the
highest possible standard of quality.
* Properly mixes ingredients; monitors correct
temperature/moisture and makes adjustments accordingly; monitors
product and removes any product that is improperly formed or
* Operates and shuts down equipment in the processing/bakery
area in accordance with established procedures to include change
overs and preventative maintenance.
* Communicates and/or escalates quality issues to appropriate
* Reads and understands batch sheets including following recipes
and accurate weighing of raw materials.
* Monitors and logs current temperatures, mix times item numbers
and raw material weights (piece weights of extruded product) and
make adjustments accordingly.
* Monitors for possible foreign matter.
* Follows sanitation procedures for clean ups and change overs,
including chemical handling.
* Tracks and disposes of waste accordingly.
* Moves raw ingredients using material handling equipment
including but not limited to forklift and/or pallet jack.
* Maintains proper raw material levels at all times, unload raw
materials trailer, and keeps appropriate personnel updated in raw
* If applicable, monitors correct seasoning coverage amount and
makes adjustments accordingly.
* Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene
guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping/5S and personal
protection; keeps work area clean; stores supplies in designated
areas; keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from
obstructions; removes trash from work area floor; follows
instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes,
and weights of objects; identifies/reports defective equipment;
reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
* Mandatory overtime may be required.
* May perform other duties as required.
Statement of Coverage (In absence of incumbent, outline who will
perform the essential duties and responsibilities; applicable for
Quality Supervisors and Managers only.) N/A
Scope of Responsibility (List Title(s) of Jobs Supervised,
Authority to act, number of employees supervised, sales volume $,
projected budget $, level of decision making or impact of decisions
made to the organization. An organizational chart should be
included with job description when submitted)
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (Knowledge, skills, and
abilities normally required for competent performance in the job -
writing skills, communication skills, analytical skills, attention
to detail, license, specific technical skills, etc. List licenses
or professional certifications required for the job.)
* Attention to detail, mechanical ability, ability to
* Good written and verbal communication skills. Must be
comfortable communicating to team members and leadership staff.
Education and Experience (Minimum and preferred educational
requirements, years of experience needed to successfully perform
the job - High School or GED, High School plus specialized vocation
or technical education, college degree)
* High School Diploma or GED and/or 1 year of production
experience in a manufacturing environment required. CPT (Certified
Production Technician) certification is a plus.
* Professional Licenses or Certifications (List professional
licenses or certificates required for the job N/A
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job)
* Sitting-Seldom, Frequently
* Standing-Frequently, Continuously
* Walking -Frequently
* Driving-Seldom, Frequently
* Using hands-Continuously
* Climbing-Occasionally, Frequently
* Stooping, Kneeling-Occasionally
* Talking, Hearing-Continuously
* Tasting, Smelling -Continuously
* Up to 10 pounds -Continuously
* Up to 25 pounds-Continuously
* Up to 50 pounds-Seldom/Never, Frequently
* Up to 100 pounds-Seldom/Never, Occasionally
* More than 100 pounds Seldom/Never, Occasionally
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
successfully performing the essential functions of the job)
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
* The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions and extreme heat.
* The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne
particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Subject to indoor facility and outdoor weather conditions, dust,
* Noise -Fair
* Dust -Fair
Travel Required (Indicate type of travel and % of time travel is
* Minimal travel may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.