Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Packer is responsible for working in an area producing
product that is packed into trays/cartons for shipping. Prepares
cartons/carton displays, manually packs/palletizes product, and
completes final quality inspection of finished goods.
Essential Job Duties (Most important job duties explained
clearly and concisely. If mandatory overtime is required, please
list that here.)
* Prepares cardboard cartons/trays for product packing by
folding, taping, sorting, and labeling cartons, securing carton
ends together and placing cartons/trays on the work area. Checks to
ensure tape guns/taper have sufficient amount of tape.
* Visual Inspections of final product packaging for product
integrity including, but not limited to bag registration, code
dates, prices, bag and cases for proper seals. Removes out of
specifications product and communicates packaging problems.
* Fills cartons/displays based on packaging specs. Ensures that
products are packaged in cases with appropriate corresponding
labels; if applicable tapes and seals cartons.
* Stacks correct number of cartons/trays on pallets/skids using
correct stacking pattern. If applicable, utilizes pallet jack to
move finished goods weighing up to 300lbs.
* Clears loose product from turntable/area; discards defective
bags, boxes, trays; sweeps loose product off the floor.
* Assists with product rework according to plant
* Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene
guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal
* Keeps work area clean/adheres to 5S protocols.
* Stores packaging room supplies in designated areas.
* Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from
* Removes trash from work area floor; keeps turntables/area
clean; follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various
sizes, shapes and weights.
* Performs sanitation tasks as directed (including, but not
limited to equipment washes, seasoner cleanings, and wipeouts).
* Prepares line for startup and assist with any equipment
changeovers, when applicable.
* May operate tray making and/or stapling machines.
* Reports any issues to Machine Operators, Group Leader, or
Supervisor as appropriate.
* May perform other duties as required.
* Mandatory overtime may be required.
Statement of Coverage (In absence of incumbent, outline who will
perform the essential duties and responsibilities; applicable for
Quality Supervisors and Managers only.) N/A
Scope of Responsibility (List Title(s) of Jobs Supervised,
Authority to act, number of employees supervised, sales volume $,
projected budget $, level of decision making or impact of decisions
made to the organization. An organizational chart should be
included with job description when submitted)
No supervisory or budgeting responsibilities.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (Knowledge, skills, and
abilities normally required for competent performance in the job -
writing skills, communication skills, analytical skills, attention
to detail, license, specific technical skills, etc. List licenses
or professional certifications required for the job.)
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Basic mathematical skills.
Education and Experience (Minimum and preferred educational
requirements, years of experience needed to successfully perform
the job - High School or GED, High School plus specialized vocation
or technical education, college degree)
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience
in a manufacturing environment required.
Professional Licenses or Certifications (List professional
licenses or certificates required for the job)
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job)
* Using hands-Continuously
* Stooping, Kneeling-Frequently
* Talking, Hearing-Continuously
* Tasting, Smelling (if applicable)-Frequently
* Two Handed Carry- Frequently
* Overhead Work Standing-Frequently
* Ladder Climbing-Frequently
* Repetitive Twisting Standing-Continuously
* Repetitive Twisting Sitting-Continuously
* Hand Dexterity-Continuously
* Up to 10 pounds-Continuously
* Up to 25 pounds-Continuously
* Up to 50 pounds-Occasionally
* Up to 100 pounds-Seldom/Never
* With Pallet Jack, More than 100 pounds-Frequently
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
successfully performing the essential functions of the job)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is
frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is
occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne
particles; and caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work
environment is usually loud.
Travel Required (Indicate type of travel and % of time travel is
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.