Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Packaging Machine Operator, under the general supervision,
is responsible for the safe, efficient and continuous operation of
snack packaging machinery.
Essential Job Duties
* Reads production schedule and plans accordingly.
* Efficiently maintains the operation of packaging machinery by
monitoring codes, dates and prices.
* Maintains an adequate supply of roll stock and ensures all
packaging materials available for each machine.
* Adjusts machine micro logic set-up as needed to maintain an
efficient and low waste operation.
* Understands and demonstrates the necessary skills involved to
efficiently operate packaging equipment in so far as, but not
limited to, machine setups, changeovers, proper running, procedural
adjustments, sanitation cleanup, and shutdown.
* Properly plans ahead for machine changeovers and efficiently
changing from one product item to another.
* Monitors and adjusts each machine to ensure proper cut off of
film and bags have proper end seals and back seals as required.
* Ensures machines are running at standard speeds.
* Monitors and checks weights and product appearance as
* Properly accounts for product run off and handles this product
accordingly; sorts through and reworks all good product.
* Keeps machines and work areas clean, wipes packaging machines
off and blows down area when required.
* Immediately reports any maintenance problems to Maintenance
Mechanic or Supervisor.
* Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene
guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal
* Stores supplies in designated areas.
* Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstruction;
removes trash from work area floor.
* Follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various
sizes, shapes and weights; identifies/reports issues with
equipment; reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
* May provide leadership and direction to packers.
* May be qualified to perform as Back-up Packaging Coordinator,
or other technical/skilled position.
* If applicable, may monitor and replenish seasoning on overhead
to ensure proper seasoning coverage on product.
* Mandatory overtime may be required.
* May perform other duties as required.
Statement of Coverage
Scope of Responsibility
No supervisory responsibility.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Candidate must be comfortable communicating to team members and
Candidate will be trained and must be able to perform all job
functions within the department at any given time.
Prerequisite: Complete training and any applicable
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience
in a manufacturing environment required.
Professional Licenses or Certifications
Where applicable, Forklift Certification obtained.
Must be able to comply with the physical demands of constantly
lifting and moving stock by hand or with manual equipment
(including pallet jacks and forklifts). Ability to lift 40+ lbs. on
a regular basis, and occasionally be able to lift/move more than
50+ lbs. with mechanical or peer assistance.
* Sitting- Seldom
* Walking - Frequently
* Using hands - Continuously
* Climbing -Occasionally
* Stooping, Kneeling -Frequently
* Talking, Hearing -Continuously
* Tasting, Smelling (if applicable) -Occasionally
* Two Handed Carry-Frequently
* Pushing - Frequently
* Pulling -Frequently
* Overhead Work Standing-Frequently
* Ladder Climbing -Frequently
* Repetitive Twisting Standing -Continuously
* Repetitive Twisting Sitting -Seldom
* Hand Dexterity -Continuously
* Bending -Continuously
* Up to 10 pounds -Continuously
* Up to 25 pounds - Frequently
* Up to 60 pounds - Continuously
* Up to 100 pounds - Occasionally
* More than 100 pounds -Seldom/Never
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is
frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is
occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne
particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the
work environment is usually loud.
Minimal travel may be required
Snyder's-Lance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.