Sealed Air is in business to protect, to solve critical
packaging challenges and to leave our world better than we found
it. Our portfolio of leading packaging solutions includes CRYOVAC®
brand food packaging, SEALED AIR® brand protective packaging and
BUBBLE WRAP® brand packaging, which collectively enable a safer,
more efficient food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped
around the world. Sealed Air generated $4.8 billion in sales in
2019 and has approximately 16,500 employees who serve customers in
124 countries. To learn more, visit www.sealedair.com .
We are seeking a strong Innovation Engineer to join our team.
Leverage your Electromechanical knowledge, Engineering Design
skills, and Project Management experience to drive our
Manufacturing Capabilities to the next level. You will own both
large and small projects from conception through implementation.
This is a great opportunity to continue expanding your technical
skills and experience, while making a significant and lasting
impact on our global operations.
As an Innovation engineer, you will be responsible for the
conception, design, fabrication, and commissioning of production
and process equipment. Your skills and talents will be stretched as
you help drive step change improvements of our production
equipment. As a global company with multiple international
location, you will have the opportunity to engage with new cultures
and a diverse array of colleagues. Primary responsibilities include
• Creative problem solving using cutting edge technologies to
reinvent our existing production processes that will maintain our
position as the Market Leader in the Packaging Industry.
• Leverage your knowledge of mechanical systems and industrial
controls to develop high throughput, high quality, and efficient
• Work independently or with a cross functional team to develop
your project scope, budget, and timelines to execute projects which
delight internal customers and exceed expectations.
• Must be able to collaborate with multi-discipline teams
consisting of Engineering, R&D, EH&S, Operations, and
Marketing, as well as external suppliers to ensure solutions are
cost effective and deliver step change in our processes.
• Effectively communicate and coordinate at all levels of the
organization including shop floor to the executive suite.
• Apply strong technical skills to all facets of the project
including solution development, equipment specification, design,
installation and equipment commissioning.
• Identify / evaluate latest technologies that can be
incorporated into our processes to improve yield, increase
throughput, and/or reduce cost.
• Ability to rapidly pivot to address shifts in markets,
technology, or other external factors which develop during course
of your project.
• Proactively develop contingency plans to mitigate any
surprises or challenges as they arise.
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline from an ABET
accredited university. Strong preference for candidates that have a
blend of mechanical and electrical engineering skills.
• Minimum 10 years of experience with manufacturing equipment
• Demonstrated ability to effectively apply technical and
project management skills to successfully execute multi-million
• Experience with the application of servo motion control and
robotics is strongly desired.
• Candidate engineers should have a strong working knowledge of
the integration and programming of HMIs, PLCs, Servo Drives, VFDs,
Industrial Networks, and Temperature Control Systems. Rockwell or
Siemens hardware and software experience is a plus.
• Candidate engineers should also have strong 3D design skills
and experience with computer aided engineering tools such as
SolidWorks, Matlab, FEA / CFD Simulation, etc.
• Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
Experience with extrusion technologies, high speed automation, or
web handling is a plus.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly
changing environment, take initiative and drive for results to
exceed customer expectations.
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills, a
collaborative work style and ability to effectively work with an
• Must be willing to occasionally travel internationally.
Candidates must be authorized to work for any company in the
Requisition id: 31716
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
WHY WORK AT SEALED AIR?
It is our responsibility to leverage what we have to affect
positive and meaningful change for our communities and planet using
Sealed Air’s global resources and expertise.
Corporate sustainability. It’s about improving the lives of
people around the world by addressing pressing needs in the
communities where we and our customers operate.
Customer Success. Meeting our customers' needs. At Sealed Air
it’s more than a goal, it’s an integral part of our business
practices, our innovative solutions, and our values.
Leaving our communities better than we found them through
dedication of time, talent and resources.