Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
Essential Job Duties (Most important job duties explained
clearly and concisely. If mandatory overtime is required, please
list that here.)
* Understands and adheres to governmental regulatory programs
and policies, including, but not limited to: National Fire
Protection Association (NFPA) 70 National Electrical Code, NFPA 70E
Arc Flash Electrical Safety, NFPA 70B Electrical Maintenance, NFPA
79 Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery, Uniform Building
Code (UBC), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and local
government environmental agency policies.
* Practices and complies with all plant and maintenance
department safety procedures, including but not limited to:
Lock-Out - Tag-Out; Arc Flash and Hot Work Permits.
* Understands the concept of Permit Required Confined Spaces and
assists with proper alternate entry of re-classified confined
spaces when necessary.
* Follows all applicable good manufacturing practices (GMP's)
for area assigned.
* Maintains and uses appropriate personal protective equipment
(PPE) in accordance with Occupational Safety and Health
Administration (OSHA), food handling before and after equipment
inspection and repair activities.
* Attends classes, seminars, and in-house training as needed to
maintain skill level with changes in the industry.
* Effectively works and functions as a lead person, in a team
based environment, with little or no direct supervision.
* Interacts and confers with supervisors and management to
coordinate shift activities, resolve machinery issues, and meet
* Directs team members on assigned shift in electrical,
electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, plumbing, HVAC, and/or pneumatic
maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, and facilities.
* Oversee and performs Preventative Maintenance (PM), Predictive
Maintenance (PDM), corrective repairs, special projects/equipment
rebuilds and directing outside service technicians/contractors
on-site for technical assistance.
* Support diagnosing and resolution of breakdowns/malfunctions
in machinery, equipment, and facilities.
* Direct and assist with analyzing and resolving work problems
leverage methodologies including, but not limited to: root cause
analysis (RCA), break down analysis (BDA) and cause maps to
identify and resolve equipment issues.
* Training and development of new maintenance mechanics and
* Makes improvements and suggestions to optimize maintenance
* Executes and document planned and unplanned work findings and
data during shift via Computerized Maintenance Management System
* Prepare written report detailing the cause of the failure and
works with maintenance team, planner, supervisor, or other team
members to take action to prevent a reoccurrence of the
* Work closely with cross functional teams to develop and
improve current manufacturing and facilities processes.
* Repairs and installation of parts, tools and equipment.
Fabricates or modifies machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture
new products or improve existing products.
* Understands and interprets technical documents and diagrams
which include but are not limited to: factory manuals, blueprints,
schematics, diagrams limited to Single Line Electrical Drawings,
mechanical and electrical equipment schematics, pneumatics,
hydraulics, Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's), and
* Assist with executing maintenance and repair services of
facility systems such as mechanical, electrical, and building
systems. In addition to utility systems such as heat, steam,
electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
* May facilitate maintenance team training, continuous
improvement training and attend production/operation meetings.
* May be trained and available as the back-up for planning and
* May be required to educate team on required equipment care
concepts of autonomous maintenance (AM) including but not limited
to: cleaning, inspection and lubrication (CIL) and basic parts and
* May be required to scope out new projects based on operation
needs and plans for materials and resources needed to maintain
optimum production levels.
* May perform other duties as required.
Statement of Coverage (In absence of incumbent, outline who will
perform the essential duties and responsibilities; applicable for
Quality Supervisors and Managers only.)N/A
Scope of Responsibility (List Title(s) of Jobs Supervised,
Authority to act, number of employees supervised, sales volume $,
projected budget $, level of decision making or impact of decisions
made to the organization. An organizational chart should be
included with job description when submitted)
* This position does not have direct supervisory
responsibilities, but is in a 'lead" role.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (Knowledge, skills, and
abilities normally required for competent performance in the job -
writing skills, communication skills, analytical skills, attention
to detail, license, specific technical skills, etc. List licenses
or professional certifications required for the job.)
* Read, interprets common technical journals, synthesizing
complex or diverse information and carries out detailed written or
oral instructions, correspondence, and memos.
* Write and present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to customers and other employees of the organization
* Communicate/interact with all levels of employees in a
professional manner. Work and function as a member in a team based
* Perform simple arithmetic functions including addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers,
decimals, fractions, and mixed numbers. Able to use precision
measuring equipment. Convert measures from feet/inches to decimals
and vice versa. Draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software,
and Internet software. In addition to data entry and documentation
of maintenance findings on work orders. In some cases, upload and
download of technical manuals and specifications from CMMS or
* Effectively lead work and function in a team based
* Requires attention to detail, mechanical ability and ability
to multi-task. Must be able to make good decisions under
* Demonstrates leadership when coordinating maintenance work
procedures with equipment availability, reactive calls, task
delegation and adjustments.
Education and Experience (Minimum and preferred educational
requirements, years of experience needed to successfully perform
the job - High School or GED, High School plus specialized vocation
or technical education, college degree)
* High School Diploma or GED with approved academic course in
basic electrical, mechanical and electronics; a minimum of 4 years
of experience in a manufacturing facility performing mechanical and
electrical inspections, troubleshooting and repairs; or equivalent
combination of education and experience required.
* Preferred Qualifications: Formal technical school education
with demonstrated aptitude and skills in mechanics, electrical,
pneumatic, carpentry, plumbing, machining and welding techniques.
Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized
situations, along with five years of food manufacturing environment
* Professional Licenses or Certifications (List professional
licenses or certificates required for the job)
* Mechanical, electrical certifications/licenses preferred but
* Valid Driver's License.
* Must be Forklift certified or able to obtain forklift, aerial
* Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job)
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Sitting -Seldom
* Standing -Frequently
* Walking - Frequently
* Driving -Occasionally
* Using hands -Continuously
* Climbing -Occasionally
* Stooping, Kneeling -Frequently
* Talking, Hearing-Frequently
* Tasting, Smelling -Seldom
* Up to 10 pounds -Frequently
* Up to 25 pounds - Frequently
* Up to 50 pounds - Frequently
* Up to 100 pounds - Occasionally
* More than 100 pounds- Occasionally
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
successfully performing the essential functions of the job)
* The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
* The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles;
outside weather conditions; extreme heat; and risk of electrical
* The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
* Lighting -Fair
* Temperature -Fair
* Ventilation -Fair
* Vibration- Fair
* Noise -Fair
Travel Required (Indicate type of travel and % of time travel is
* Minimal travel may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.