Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Sanitation Technician is responsible for cleaning and
sanitizing the process equipment to establish a clean environment
for producing and packaging quality products. Ensures equipment and
facility are effectively sanitized in accordance with established
food manufacturing regulations and in compliance with government
Essential Job Duties (Most important job duties explained
clearly and concisely. If mandatory overtime is required, please
list that here.)
* Performs plant cleaning as prescribed by the Master Sanitation
Schedule. Maintains general housekeeping in all areas of plant.
* Utilizes powered cleaning equipment that may include powered
lifts, scissors lifts, power washers, foam applicators, steamers,
automatic compactors, motors and various non-mechanized
* Demonstrates the ability to operate equipment such as floor
jacks, trash compactor, and vacuum cleaner, floor scrubber in a
safe and knowledgeable manner.
* Follows instructions for safe lifting and carrying various
sizes, shapes, and weight of objects; identifies/reports defective
equipment; reports all job-related injuries to management.
* Disassembles and reassembles machines, pumps, bucket
elevators, slurry equipment, filters and other processing
* Works independently, with no direct supervision in a high
* Learns and performs proper Allergen Elimination Procedure.
* Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene
guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal
* Follows all applicable GMP's for the area in which he/she is
assigned. Maintains and uses appropriate personal protective
equipment (PPE) in accordance with OSHA, plant defined GMP's, or
when directed by a supervisor.
* Participates in all necessary safety training, team
development programs, and plant initiatives.
* Reads (Safety Data Sheets) information and preparation and use
chemical cleaning agents in a manner consistent with the
* Assists departments in spill containment caused by various
* Assists pest control technicians by noting and communicating
* Removes product debris to trash.
* Lock-out Tag-out and BBP (blood borne pathogens) trained.
* Supports and participates Continuous Improvement initiatives
including 5S (sort, set, shine, standardize, and sustain).
* Collects recyclables and load into proper trailers.
* Mixes and handles chemical concentrates.
* May input chemical concentrates in to excel.
* May Create/Update Standard Operating Procedures.
* May perform other duties as required.
* Mandatory overtime may be required.
Statement of Coverage (In absence of incumbent, outline who will
perform the essential duties and responsibilities; applicable for
Quality Supervisors and Managers only.)
Scope of Responsibility (List Title(s) of Jobs Supervised,
Authority to act, number of employees supervised, sales volume $,
projected budget $, level of decision making or impact of decisions
made to the organization. An organizational chart should be
included with job description when submitted)
* No supervisory responsibility.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (Knowledge, skills, and
abilities normally required for competent performance in the job -
writing skills, communication skills, analytical skills, attention
to detail, license, specific technical skills, etc. List licenses
or professional certifications required for the job.)
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Average Mathematical Skills.
* Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and industry
standard cleaning procedures.
* Knowledge of HACCP, allergens and pest control required.
* Attention to detail and a sense of urgency in matters of food
* Basic knowledge of the function and operation of sanitation
* SQF Certification a plus.
* Understanding of the basic functions of all production
equipment including Mixers, Wire Cuts, Wrappers, and Conveyors
required to complete sanitation procedures.
* Skills and/or ability to gain knowledge of proper sanitary
design for equipment (preferred).
Education and Experience (Minimum and preferred educational
requirements, years of experience needed to successfully perform
the job - High School or GED, High School plus specialized vocation
or technical education, college degree)
* High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience
in a manufacturing environment required.
* Professional Licenses or Certifications (List professional
licenses or certificates required for the job N/A
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job)
* Walking -Continuously
* Driving -Seldom
* Using hands - Continuously
* Climbing -Frequently
* Stooping, Kneeling -Frequently
* Talking, Hearing-Frequently
* Tasting, Smelling- Occasionally
* Up to 10 pounds-Continuously
* Up to 25 pounds -Continuously
* Up to 60 pounds -Continuously
* Up to 100 pounds- Frequently
* More than 100 lbs.-Frequently
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
successfully performing the essential functions of the job)
* The noise level in the work environment is quiet in the office
areas but loud and hearing protection is required in the plant.
* While performing some of the duties of this job, the employee
is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
* The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid
* The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious
places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals;
outside weather conditions; and extreme heat or cold.
Travel Required (Indicate type of travel and % of time travel is
Minimal travel may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.