Purpose of Role:
The Director, Product Management leads a product team (typically
5-10 Product Managers or Associate Product Managers) responsible
for a specific product group. This role works with a high level of
autonomy and discretion. Responsibilities include leading the
team's research and product development efforts as well as
implementation and execution of the product group strategy.
This role develops a comprehensive product strategy, maintains
the roadmap and backlog, and establishes the key performance
indicators (KPIs) for a specific product group. In addition, the
Director, Product Management develops and presents detailed
business cases to senior executives and leads business reviews to
ensure that the team prioritizes the right work and delivers the
most customer value in the fastest time possible.
This individual manages people which includes responsibility for
setting individual and team expectations, delegating assignments
and managing performance, identifying talent needs, and coaching
and developing team members.
• Defines products and identifies gaps and customer needs by
leading the development of white papers and requirements documents
for product releases; commissioning studies (market research,
usability, focus groups) to identify best-in-class solutions to
customer needs; and overseeing experiments that uncover
opportunities to add customer value to the product group.
• Identifies relevant components of a competitive analysis and
organizes in-person customer research with user groups to gain
end-to-end real-world understanding of customer needs to inform and
influence the product group and its product roadmaps.
• Participates and contributes to annual product portfolio
• Develops and manages the medium-term (1-to-2-year) view of
product roadmaps that comprise the product group, making trade-off
decisions on multiple products in a product group.
• Builds tight connections to cross-functional resources to
improve efficiencies within a product group.
• Leads and develops requirements documents (user stories with
acceptance criteria, use cases) for multiple products or a group of
• Sets the direction for the design of the user experience of
• Determines release goals, prioritization, implementation and
iteration of assigned products.
• Reviews demos with the tech team and validates acceptance
criteria for assigned products.
• Defines processes for team to effectively track development
work and triage bugs of assigned products in product group.
• Partners with relevant stakeholders and leads the development
of launch and go-to-market plans of assigned products in product
• Identifies issues and blockers that may delay the launch or
impede the success of products in product group, communicates to
leadership, and presents alternatives and recommendation to
• Owns post-launch reviews, metrics and customer feedback, and
incorporates learning into future launch and go-to-market plans;
compiles learnings and best-practices and shares with other teams
within the enterprise.
• Engages with stakeholders and customers to determine product
issues in the market to inform product roadmaps in product
• Represents team in product group level discussions with
internal and external stakeholders, and in strategic roadmap
discussions with leadership.
• Serves as an advocate for the team, the team's vision, and its
strategic importance to the enterprise; sets leadership
expectations for the team; models behavior that demonstrates
Digital and enterprise leadership principles.
• Identifies resource requirements for the team; builds a
network of talent inside and outside of the company; and develops
mechanisms to effectively onboard and ramp talent.
• Aligns team goals to broader organizational and talent
• Applies appropriate performance standards across different
levels and positions in the team; and coaches direct reports and
provides actionable feedback as part of talent and career
• Leads and manages product group operations, mentors more
junior product managers, and coordinates improvements goals for the
• Builds and manages a Product Management team, helping to
support the team's growth and removing obstacles as necessary.
• Elevates the team's performance by providing insightful,
motivating, and constructive feedback to all roles on the team and
working with peers and senior leaders to negotiate and remove
execution related barriers.
• Provides leadership to the team by attracting and hiring
talented individuals, setting goals and communicating clear
expectations, providing timely and constructive feedback as well as
meaningful developmental opportunities, managing performance,
providing resources and support as needed, and sponsoring and
leading team members through change.
• Tracks product team’s velocity and optimizes delivery to
ensure the most valuable work is always delivered first.
• Works with cross-functional Product Management staff to drive
work across other product teams and helps move and prioritize work
into other product backlogs.
• Develops and presents communications, frequently to senior
leadership, communicating the desired message, at the appropriate
level, for the right recipient.
• Continuously reviews, refines and drives prioritization of the
product roadmap, clearly articulating the vision and strategy to
the product teams.
• Develops and defends the business case for a new product
feature or set of features; works with finance to create detailed
financial models and uses business/financial acumen to modify as
necessary; accountable for successful P&L of business case.
• Runs Weekly Business Reviews for their product(s) and monitors
product KPIs to ensure success metrics are being met, prioritizes
options for improvement or enhancement.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering,
Communications, or related field (or equivalent work experience in
a related field)
• 8+ years’ experience in two or more of the following: project
management, product management, business analysis, program
management or product marketing
• 6+ years’ experience in product and/or experience
• 6+ years strategy and delivery experience in executing
world-class digital products and/or experiences
• 5+ years’ experience in translating business strategy into
specific product features
• 5+ years’ experience leading teams with direct report
• 5+ years’ experience working with technology and user
experience teams to define, scope and prioritize product
• 5+ years demonstrated delivery of business results
• 3+ years’ experience in an agile software environment
• Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally in a large
• Experience collaborating closely with senior leadership
• 3+ years’ experience managing operational and/or project
• Experience providing guidance and direction to
Line of Business
LWS_USA_IT MDM & MCTC
Employment Type I
Employment Type II
Lowe's Charlotte Technology Hub
201 S. College St
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all
personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed,
sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical
disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status,
genetic information, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local law.