Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Packaging Technician is responsible for providing assistance
in duties related to keeping the line running smoothly. Leads
direct activities for production focus on equipment and
Essential Job Duties (Most important job duties explained
clearly and concisely. If mandatory overtime is required, please
list that here.)
* Leads team in line setup and changeover of product, identify
critical controls, and issues.
* Provides production run sheets to packaging machine operators
to complete daily production run.
* Updates production system and/or case total board with
completed case counts in order to communicate production goals to
* Maintains raw material inventory and communicates
discrepancies as needed.
* Sets up and operates multiple machines in the packaging
* Assists with keeping the production line consistently
operating and clear of jams.
* Responsible for basic trouble shooting and making minor
adjustments as needed.
* Aids the operation of packaging machinery by trouble shooting
issues with codes, dates and prices.
* Assists and/or submits maintenance work orders.
* Performs or assists with Preventative Maintenance (PM) as
* Monitors and checks weights and product appearance as
* Maintains and leads GMP, PPE, safety, and quality policy
compliance - by following and setting an example and validating
* Assists with communications to Quality Assurance on holds,
* Assist supervisor in completing daily line paperwork on
* Reads and understands machine data.
* May assist Packaging Coordinator or Supervisor with training
of new employees and operators on the line.
* If applicable, runs checks on metal detectors to ensure they
are working properly.
* Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstruction;
removes trash from work area floor.
* Supports and participates in Continuous Improvement
initiatives including 5S (sort, set, shine, standardize, and
* Follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various
sizes, shapes and weights; identifies/reports issues with
equipment; reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
* May perform sanitation tasks as directed (including, but not
limited to equipment washes which requires tear down and
reassembly, seasoner cleanings, and wipeouts).
* Mandatory overtime may be required.
* May perform other duties as required.
Statement of Coverage (In absence of incumbent, outline who will
perform the essential duties and responsibilities; applicable for
Quality Supervisors and Managers only.) N/A
Scope of Responsibility (List Title(s) of Jobs Supervised,
Authority to act, number of employees supervised, sales volume $,
projected budget $, level of decision making or impact of decisions
made to the organization. An organizational chart should be
included with job description when submitted)
* May serve in a lead role to other employees.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (Knowledge, skills, and
abilities normally required for competent performance in the job -
writing skills, communication skills, analytical skills, attention
to detail, license, specific technical skills, etc. List licenses
or professional certifications required for the job.)
* Attention to detail, mechanical ability.
* Able to assist supervisor or packaging coordinator in leading
* Must have good solid Computer skills.
* Clearly express instructions and communications in talking and
* Demonstrates ownership accountabilities.
* Demonstrate leadership.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Average (Add, subtraction, dividing, percentages, and
* All machines on-line (continuously).
* Mechanical aptitudes - preferred maintenance/production
Education and Experience (Minimum and preferred educational
requirements, years of experience needed to successfully perform
the job - High School or GED, High School plus specialized vocation
or technical education, college degree)
* High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience
in a manufacturing environment required.
* Professional Licenses or Certifications (List professional
licenses or certificates required for the job)
* Be able to obtain Lockout/Tag out Certification.
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job)
* Standing -Continuously
* Using hands-Continuously
* Climbing -Occasionally
* Stooping, Kneeling -Frequently
* Talking, Hearing-Continuously
* Tasting, Smelling (if applicable)-Occasionally
* Two Handed Carry-Frequently
* Overhead Work Standing-Frequently
* Ladder Climbing -Frequently
* Repetitive Twisting Standing- Continuously
* Repetitive Twisting Sitting - Seldom
* Hand Dexterity- Continuously
* Bending -Continuously
* Up to 10 pounds -Continuously
* Up to 25 pounds-Frequently
* Up to 60 pounds -Frequently
* Up to 100 pounds-Seldom/Never
* More than 100 pounds- Seldom/Never
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
successfully performing the essential functions of the job)
Subject to indoor facility and outdoor weather conditions, dust,
* Lighting -Good
* Temperature -Good
Travel Required (Indicate type of travel and % of time travel is
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.