Solution Architect Cloud Data Solutions
Company: Burwood Group
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Solution Architect - Cloud Data SolutionsWho We Are Burwood
Group is not your average technology consulting firm. We are an
innovative, culture-driven, industry leader and we are growing our
team by leaps and bounds. Founded in 1997 in Chicago (and still
headquartered here), we've grown to be a 200+ employee firm with
people and offices spread from Southern California to NYC. Our
specialty is closing the gap between business strategy and
technology solutions. Our clients view Burwood as a trusted advisor
and partner who can help them select the best technology for the
job, manage and execute a first-rate implementation, and measure
project success by the business outcomes achieved. What You'll
DoThe Solution Architect is a hybrid role with a focus on both
technical leadership and services sales. The Solution Architect
provides pre-sales technical support and expertise in identifying
client requirements, while analyzing the client's current
environment and system capabilities, to ensure the technical
solutions proposed meet the client's objectives. In addition to
being viewed as a trusted advisor to the client, the Solution
Architect also has responsibility for quality assurance oversight
of solution delivery and implementation.
In addition to these core responsibilities, you will:
- Bridge the gap between business problems and technology
- Determine the best solution among all possible to solve the
existing business problems
- Provide specifications according to how the solution is
defined, managed, and delivered.
- Lead the architecture and strategy process: defining
requirements and phases and creating designs during the project
- Provide strong technical oversite and subject matter expertise
during the delivery phase.
- Act as a mentor, coach, and escalation point for all project
- Partner with the Sales team and Practice Directors to drive
services sales within the practices and build a pipeline.
- Work with the Practice Directors to further develop the
workgroup resources and team development.
- Drive process improvement, delivery efficiency, and project
Who You Are
- You have a strong technology background that includes
consulting and pre-sales experience.
- You love having analytical and consultative conversations, and
you're adept at identifying and solving problems.
- You can map technical solutions to business challenges and
- You have a passion for technology and keep informed of market
trends, solution insights, and new vendors and methods.
- You enjoy mentoring more junior members of sales and consulting
- You have the expertise and professionalism to interact with any
level of an organization.
- You're willing to travel.
The Tech StuffBurwood prides itself in the depth of knowledge
within the Solution Architect role. Candidates for the role must be
able to speak to multiple technologies. Practical hands on
architecture and deployment experience in the following is
- Experience architecting data, application, and infrastructure
solutions with Microsoft Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience building data solutions including data warehouses,
data pipelines, business analytics, predictive analytics.
- Hands-on experience with the numerous data solutions provided
by Google Cloud Platform and/or Microsoft Azure, including:
- BigQuery, Cloud Dataflow, Cloud Dataproc, Cloud Pub/Sub, Cloud
Composer, Cloud Functions, and Google Data Studio
- Azure SQL, Azure Synapse / Data Warehouse, Power BI
- Rich experience with SQL, Python, REST, and JSON
- Experience with Kubernetes, infrastructure automation (e.g.
Terraform), and CI/CD a plus
- Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure certifications a
The Perks If you ask any of our employees here at Burwood "what we
love", the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our
employees are driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to
help. In addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company
- Generous vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and
- Access to financial planning expertise
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion We are not intent on
being the largest company; but rather, the best. These are the
words we live by. This means we welcome all of the best talent -
regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation,
disability, religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts
and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages
different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success.
Keywords: Burwood Group, Charlotte , Solution Architect Cloud Data Solutions, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!