Accounts Receivable Specialist (Charlotte)
Company: Affinity Group (southeast)
Posted on: February 16, 2020
What We Are Looking ForWe are seeking a detail-oriented Accounts
Receivable Specialist (A/R) with a passion for all things A/R to
join our Accounting team headquartered in Charlotte, NC. We are
conveniently located in north Charlotte, right off I-77 North (Exit
18, Harris Blvd.), and about 5-minutes east of the Northlake
Mall.After the initial 90-day probationary period, this position
qualifies for a flexible work schedule, telecommuting, and remote
office, work from home. The candidate must have the ability to
reverse-engineer data and conduct root-cause analysis,--with large
amounts of Excel data.Note: The candidate--must
have--very--proficient skills working with
Excel--and--QuickBooks!This position will be an important part of
the monthly close process, that will ensure all asset-related
journal entries are posted and all accounts, including employee
reimbursements, are accurately reconciled. This individual will
also work on various projects that include maintaining Excel
spreadsheets, documenting procedures/best practices, and provide
backup to other members of the accounting
team.Flextime/Telecommuting: After the initial 90-day probationary
period, this position qualifies for a flexible work schedule,
telecommuting, and remote office (work from home).Who We
AreRegionally based Affinity Group Paramount, located in the Queen
City of Charlotte, NC, is a premier selling organization and one of
the fastest-growing food-service brokerage firms in the industry.
We partner with key distributors--to strengthen the market presence
for our clients within the restaurant, hospitality, K-12, and our
non-commercial foodservice verticals.Our selling and marketing
agency--leverages decades of local demographic expertise, that is
combined with a regional and national presence with a very
localized focus. Supported by our corporate support teams in
Charlotte, we deploy our experienced selling teams that are locally
based in 14 locations, within nine states throughout the
southeast.What You Will Do
- Excel (a must): Ability to quickly translate data, conduct
root-cause analysis, and track expenditures for trade shows,
training events, and cost vs. budget accounting.
- Accounts Receivable: Record, balance, and deposit public
purchases, fees, donations, and reimbursements.
- QuickBooks: Translate transactions with our accounting
- Account Reconciliation: Resolve discrepancies and investigation
- Accuracy/Quality Control: Ensure process workflows are accurate
with billing accounts.
- Data Integrity: Accurately entering numeric/alphanumeric
information via database.
- Monthly: Closeout, prepare monthly stats/metrics, and account
- Communicator: Triage department emails and draft communication
related to month-end.
- Invoices: Generate/submit to clients, determine allocations and
diligent payment follow-up.
- Processing: Asset-related invoices and maintaining the accuracy
of all master files.What You Need to Have
- Must-Have: Analytically inclined experience, working with large
amounts of Excel data.
- Technology: Experience working with QuickBooks. Comfortable
working with PC SaaS cloud-based solutions such as Microsoft Office
365 products, SharePoint, Slack, Zoom, etc.
- Credible: 1-3 years of Accounts Receivable experience. Will
consider candidates with a combination of Accounts Receivable, with
Accounts Payable experience).
- 2+ years of Accounting experience or 1-3 years of data entry
- Administrative: A high degree of admin experience, with very
high attention to detail.
- Discipline & Consistency: Ability to multi-task, achieve
specific and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Influence Without Authority: Must have a personable approach to
influence internal clients (employees) to deliver RFI's (Request
for Info) on a routine and timely basis.
- Team Relationships: Ability to partner with diverse teams and
learn from others, regardless of titles.What to Expect--
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background screen.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Typical workweek: Mon-Fri from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. (1-hour
- After the initial 90-day probationary period, this position
qualifies for a flexible work schedule that includes telecommuting
and/or remote office work from home.
- Travel: No travel, except for on rare occasions for a
continuing education or training class.What We Offer (benefits &
- Competitive salary and some of the best employee benefits in
our industry, including a $5 medical plan!
- Flexible work schedules, telecommuting, and remote office from
- Personal Time Off (PTO) and company paid holidays.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k (matching), Short Term
Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
- Perks include daily free snacks at the office, plus a lot of
free food prepared by our local culinarians!Note: No staffing
agencies!Affinity Group Paramount is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Affinity Group (southeast), Charlotte , Accounts Receivable Specialist (Charlotte), Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!