Designer - Junior - Retail
Posted on: January 17, 2020
As a Gensler JUNIOR DESIGNER, you will tap into your boundless
creativity and passion for design to produce unique and
functionally beautiful spaces for clients. You are an energetic
self-driven, team player who is ready for active participation in
all phases of the design process. With you as part of the design
team, interiors have never been so engaging.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Perform interior design assignments that include programming
client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design
development, space planning and construction documentation
* Produce 3d modelling and renderings of interior and exterior
* Participate in the curation and presentation of inspiration
images, furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment
(FF&E), color palettes, and lighting
* Generate finish plans, specifications, and material selections
needed for construction
* Prepare presentation packs under the supervision of a senior
* Provide design support and documentation during completion and
execution of design concepts.
* Work with external consultants, product representatives,
furniture dealers, and fabricators
* Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or related field from an
* 2+ years of interior design experience
* Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, 3D, Rhino, Octane,
Grasshopper, and/or other modeling software programs
* Familiarity with Enscape and/or other rendering programs.
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop,
* Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections,
* Enthusiasm for contemporary art and culture.
* Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate
LIFE AT GENSLER
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to
delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to
internal design competitions to Well-being Week, our offices
reflect our people s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced
life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision,
disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and
paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock
ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm s commitment to licensure and professional
development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional
licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we
reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view
our professional development programs as strategic investments in
GENSLER IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY WORKPLACE AND IS AN
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL ASPECTS OF EMPLOYMENT DECISIONS
WILL BE BASED ON MERIT, COMPETENCE, PERFORMANCE, AND BUSINESS
NEEDS. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASES OF ANY STATUS PROTECTED
UNDER FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAW. IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE OR AN
ACCOMMODATION DUE TO A DISABILITY YOU MAY CONTACT US HERE. WE
CELEBRATE DIVERSITY AND ARE COMMITTED TO CREATING AN INCLUSIVE
ENVIRONMENT FOR OUR COLLEAGUES.
Keywords: Gensler, Charlotte , Designer - Junior - Retail, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!