Digital Court Reporter - Legal Audio / Visual Technician
Company: Planet Depos
Posted on: November 26, 2022
View the above video to see a Day In The Life of a PD Digital
Court ReporterA Digital Court Reporter is required to be present in
depositions in which an attorney desires to have the deponent's
testimony captured via audio or video. They are responsible for
setting up the audio and video equipment and recording the
deposition and have an understanding of the digital recording
system and its maintenance, upkeep, and operation. Digital Court
Reporters are also responsible for taking down notes during the
proceedings and creating a log note of speaker identification and
keywords, which serve as a general outline of the digital
recording.DIGITAL COURT REPORTER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Quickly set up audio/video equipment in a professional and tidy
manner in new and everchanging environments.
- Accurately position and monitor microphone placement for ideal
- Actively and continuously mix multiple audio tracks for proper
level and monitor for interference on a portable audio
- Properly set white balance and exposure in various
- Establish and actively monitor appropriate video framing
consistent with legal videography norms.
- Assist clients with varying audio, video, and technology issues
both in-person and remotely.
- Develop and maintain a high-level understanding of departmental
policy, the legal field, and audio and video technology.
- Actively track and log key legal events during legal
proceedings, including notating relevant spellings, the
introduction of exhibits, and objections.
- Swear in deponents and faithfully capture their spoken
testimony under oath during depositions and other legal
- Maintain a calm, neutral, and professional demeanor before,
during, and after various legal proceedings.DIGITAL COURT REPORTER
LOCATION:Charlotte, NCDIGITAL COURT REPORTER SHIFT:8:00am -
5:00pmDIGITAL COURT REPORTER COMPENSATION:$22.00 - $24.00 per
hourThe ideal candidate will have some experience or knowledge of
the legal industry. Must have a 2- or 4-year degree and be
comfortable with A/V technologies and digital recording, have a
professional appearance, and also experience with dealing face to
face with professional clients. You must be able to adapt to
unexpected circumstances and operate on a changing schedule,
sometimes working after hours. You must have a reliable mode of
transportation as well as the ability to lift up to 50lbs.EOE
Keywords: Planet Depos, Charlotte , Digital Court Reporter - Legal Audio / Visual Technician, Legal , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!