Application Programmer V
Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Job #: 1010766Position Summary: UI Accessibility Specialist
Responsible for providing guidance and coding strategies for
ensuring ADA compliance standards. A core aspect of this role will
be ensuring that our applications are accessible to all people and
compliant with ADA guidelines.
specifically in regards to code compliance standards and
- Application design experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- A strong commitment to meeting high expectations of end
- A strong understanding of ADA web development best practice and
- Ability to partner with various cross-functional teams for
direction and consistency - providing leadership when
- Ability to interpret and advise on standards, principles and
techniques for meeting accessibility success criteria (including
WCAG 2.0 AA, WCAG 2.1 AA, and WAI-ARIA).
- Detailed knowledge on WCAG 2.0 AAA including limitations of the
- Understanding the overlap between user experience and
- Understanding the strategies of persons with disabilities in
using assistive technology for the Web apps.
- Experience / Expertise using shortcuts and keystrokes.
- Experience / Expertise with JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver
- Experience with Accessibility Management Platform (AMP).
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178.
Keywords: Apex Systems, Charlotte , Application Programmer V, IT / Software / Systems , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!