Application System Engineer 5 - Lead Technical Engineer (Java)
Company: Wells Fargo
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Job DescriptionAt Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers
financial needs and help them succeed financially. Were looking for
talented people who will put our customers at the center of
everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where youll
feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding
talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design,
development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells
Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and
enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM,
and other channels to Wells Fargos more than 70 million global
Wells Fargo is hiring for an Application System Engineer 5
Technical Leader to join our Enterprise Information Technology
Credit Bridge Core Services Team within the Wholesale Banking
Technology organization (WBT). This role will be located at our
offices in Danbury, CT or Charlotte, NC.
The selected candidate will join the technology team that has
responsibility for developing and implementing Core Services and
Frameworks in a unified and common platform for commercial lending
businesses. Qualified candidates should themselves be experts in
REACT, systems architecture including load balancing, clustering,
performance handling, optimization, security, and Web Services)
with strong fundamentals in MVC and object-oriented programing. It
is expected that the candidate be able to provide development
leadership and hands-on implementation, with the ability to work
with multiple project teams during module integration. Service
deployment and ongoing service support is also part of this mission
In this position, you will provide technical leadership and
guidance in the development of the Credit Bridge Core Services
Platform as a full stack developer. Responsibilities in this role
include providing technical leadership to the development team in
service design and development, integration with module teams,
defining the platform operational capabilities, and deploying and
qualifying the platform. Additionally, you will lead application
upgrades and monitoring, and participate in production support,
release, and deployment activities. In this role, you must have
aptitude for understanding platform strategy, concepts and
requirements, and transforming those into functioning reusable
services. The selected team member must also have experience with
code migration and environment management activities. To be
effective in this role, you should also have strong communication
skills, both verbal and written, with a proven track record of
effective cross team interaction and collaboration, with both
technical and business partner teams.
This ASE 5 role will have the following responsibilities:
- Analyzing complex shared services platform technical and
business requirements leading to effective design, implementation
- Providing technical leadership to less experienced team members
through technical analysis, design, construction and deployment of
- Actively participating in the daily development activities as a
member of the development team.
- Actively participating in the development of design
documentation, departmental technical guidelines, checklists,
software engineering best practices and How-to guides for
- Working with Systems Test to insure effective testing of all
services prior to release.
- Partnering with Systems Integration Testing and the migration
of platform services and applications to production.
- Assuring quality, security and compliance requirements are met
for supported area and oversees project and release to
- Providing leadership in researching and tracking new web
technologies, developing service applications, and analyzing
business requirements as they pertain to web-based systems.
- Verifying program logic by overseeing the preparation of test
data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Participating in overall systems testing and the migration of
platforms and applications to production.
- Assuring quality, security and compliance requirements are met
for all services, as well as, overseeing creation of or updates to
and testing of the business continuation plan.
- 2+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
Kendo UI and/or Angular JS)
- 2+ years of experience leading technical development teams
- 7+ years of application development and implementation
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
Other Desired Qualifications
- 8+ years experience with Application Patterns, Web and J2EE
centric design patterns
- 5+ years expert level knowledge of MVC frameworks specifically
- Strong experience using the Wells Fargo development ecosystem
of applications (JIRA, ALM, GitHub, uDeploy, Jenkins, Artifactory,
Anthil, eclipse, Tealeaf, etc)
- Experience with Oracle database development and
- Ability to help define the technical direction of the Team
within Enterprise Architectural guidelines and execute delivery
within those constraints.
- Experience with both Agile and more traditional SDLC approaches
with willingness to support either approach as directed by the
project at hand.
- Experienced in continuous integration tools and
- Prior experience with application profiling and performance
tuning of highly scalable and available systems
- Strong knowledge of how to monitor applications to ensure 24x7
- Proven ability to communicate with business and technical
groups easily, ability to communicate with various levels of
- Good leadership skills, must have demonstrated ability to
- Practical experience in the application management ecosystem of
applications (TRIMS, LDRPS, WAM, PAC2000, SD Elements, Everbridge,
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or related field.
DisclaimerAll offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent
upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal
background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates
with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including
Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Charlotte , Application System Engineer 5 - Lead Technical Engineer (Java), IT / Software / Systems , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!