Working Site Superintendent, Charlotte, NC
Company: Menemsha Development
Posted on: July 15, 2019
For over the last 25 years, our people have been the secret to our
success. Menemsha provides award-winning architecture and interior
design, facility survey and assessment, and a full array of general
contracting services. Established in 1992, we have delivered
thousands of successful projects to both private and public sector
clients throughout North America and internationally. Menemshas
reputation is built on innovation, technical excellence, and
outstanding delivery. We cater to the retail, banking, restaurant,
grocery, and convenience store industries. Some of our most recent
clients include Citibank, Bank of America, Verizon Wireless, Z
Gallerie, Lululemon, Crocs, Starbucks, McDonalds, Safeway, Wawa,
Santander Bank, CVS Pharmacy, Kellwood, Darden, T-Mobile, etc.
Together we nurture an inclusive and collaborative culture that
embraces new ideas and exciting new technologies. We empower each
other to succeed. We celebrate our successes. We stand on great
thinking, not on formality. And most importantly, we recognize each
of us has passions outside of work too. Thats why we support our
staff in all that they do. Menemsha is a great place to invest in
your talent, to learn from others, and to grow. There is something
special happening at Menemsha and we invite you to take a look for
yourself. We look forward to saying hello.
Presently, we are in search of top talent to join our Construction
Division as a Working Site Superintendent. The ideal candidate is
comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative
environment where the emphasis is placed on teamwork and satisfying
our clients' needs. Candidates must have a professional appearance
as you'll be representing our company in the field. Potential
candidates will be comfortable performing construction trade work
and managing subcontractors and ensuring projects stay on schedule.
If you have what it takes to join our team, please dont delay in
submitting your qualifications. Seeking candidates willing and able
to travel for up to six weeks at a time or more.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- On-site management of commercial/retail tenant improvement
projectsensuring timeliness and quality.
- Ability to stay on schedule, keep subcontractors on task, and
monitor quality control.
- Take action to overcome project delays, bad weather or other
- Accomplish project results by establishing standards and
protocols, scheduling and coordinating subcontractors, driving
schedule as required.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by
following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with
legal regulations. Keep job sites clean. Make certain proper
signage is posted on job sites at all times.
- Client interfacemust have a clean appearance and communicate
clearly and professionally with clients as warranted (when clients
visit the job site.)
- Prevent fines and interruptions by complying with and enforcing
- Work with Project Manager and General Site Superintendent to
obtain client approval on any field change orders.
- Communicate project status daily to Project Manager/General
Site Superintendent and escalate issues to PM/GSS as
- Post daily updates on our online project management (OPM)
website with current information regarding job site progress.
- Strong job close-out; attend punch walk-through with clients
and make certain the site is delivered 100% complete and to
- Attend job walks/site visits for potential new projects as
- Manage up to 5 subcontractors;
- Manage trade crews;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Travel up to 6 weeks at a time
- Unload, assemble, and install fixtures, millwork/casework,
- Experience with any interior Tenant improvement metal stud
framing, drywall, t-bar, carpet, tile, wood flooring, or painting
skilled trade work
- Experience with concrete, Masonry, rough and finish carpentry
- Use of basic hand tools
- Read construction plan/blueprints
- Have experience using hand and power tools
- Must own reliable transportation
- Work effectively on a team
- Perform general labor as assigned
- Take direction from supervisor
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years multi-trade experience;
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience;
- Must have excellent computer skills, experience with standard
software packages, including e-mail;
- Must have experience with job scheduling; must be able to read
and clearly understand blueprints and construction intent.
- Must have a clean driving record and must be willing to
- Retail construction industry is a plus; notably concerning
commercial tenant improvement build-outs and remodels.
- Strong client service orientation. Must be client-facing.
- Solid knowledge of the construction development process.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated; perseverance and
creativity in getting the job done.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be
computer-literate. Strong computer aptitude.
- Familiarity with all trade tools;
- Ability to travel extensively as needed;
- Journeyman-level tradesman;
- Supervise trade crews and subcontractors
- Safety Training & Harassment Awareness Training
- Some heavy lifting, prolonged standing, bending, stooping,
grasping; potential for long working hours and some night work.
- Construction site environmentdust, fumes, loud noise,
Keywords: Menemsha Development, Charlotte , Working Site Superintendent, Charlotte, NC, IT / Software / Systems , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!