Field Service Technician
Posted on: May 20, 2019
Field Service Technician Career Site Location NC, Charlotte
Req ID 8294
Scheduled Hours Per Week:
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major
metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ
(NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business
services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual
clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with
highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has
been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions,
including 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2018
Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great
Place to Work and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of
Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the
Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and
Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National
Association for Business Resources.
CBIZ Network Solutions has a Field Service Technician position
available. Our technicians work from home and we provide them with
a company vehicle, tools and parts. Technicians provide technical
support to Edward Jones branch offices in the surrounding area,
troubleshooting and repairing computers, printers, telephone
systems and other peripheral devices. We provide full benefits and
a week of training. The position involves the following functions
and requires the following qualifications:
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
* Work autonomously to complete all maintenance, project and IMAC
calls efficiently and timely. Field Service Technicians are
responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and upgrading all
electronic voice, data and AV hardware including: network
equipment, desktop terminals, monitors, printers, fax machines,
telephony equipment and cabling including terminations. Equipment
serviced is subject to change as business needs dictate.
* Provide back up coverage for neighboring service areas as
* Monitor/review ticket queue and assume ownership of all tickets
in assigned area when not on a dispatch and following completion of
* Coordinate ETA's that reflect the branch's desired time for all
maintenance, project and IMAC activities. ETA's offered should be
the earliest time techs can safely and reasonably arrive on
* Perform ticket updates whenever possible, including assignment of
ticket to self, entering all dates/times, resolution codes,
hardware used, appropriate details, etc.
* Responsible for compliance with all Asset Management duties
including: timely completion of necessary asset transactions,
proper packaging of all equipment being returned, timely shipping
of all equipment to be returned and maintenance of a complete and
up to date shipping log.
* Provide technical support to client in a timely manner with
little or no disruption to daily customer operations.
* Responsible for completing all required inventory activities
related to company vehicles and branch transactions
* Accountable for maintaining, updating and familiarity with all
service manuals and documentation and for having all tools and
parts either ordered or ready for use on client site.
* Provide excellent customer service at all times.
* Able to legally drive company vehicle.
* Responsible for the scheduling and completion of all van
maintenance in accordance with manufacturer specifications.
* Must maintain unrestricted internet access at residence (high
speed preferred) and must have the ability to print
* Must maintain residence in assigned territory.
* Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
* Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or
* Associate s degree from accredited college or technical
* Two or more years IT and/or field service experience.
* Able to use all related computer hardware and software.
* Able to use job-related tools.
* Able to safely use step ladder.
* Able to lift and/or move up to 100+ pounds of equipment.
CBIZ.Jobs Category: Corporate
If you are a qualified individual with a disability you may request
reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your
ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability.
You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414
(toll free) or send an email to email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for
employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military
status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical
condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like
more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the
law, please visit these following pages EEO is the Law and EEO is
the Law Supplement.
PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION
Keywords: CBIZ, Charlotte , Field Service Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!