Technical Project Manager - Data Management
Company: American Cybersystems, Inc.
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Performs project mgmt responsibilities relating to IT implementations, upgrades, conversion and recovery. May also provides analytical support for IT projects. Develops and revises project materials and maintains project documentation. Defines and evaluates problems and plans effective solutions. Recommends improvements in project deliverables. Assists in defining the scope and impact of projects and effectively communicates the impact on the organization. Establishes project tasks, timelines and budgets and effectively manages them. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Capital Markets. This role is part of the Global Banking and Markets Data Quality and Controls - Data Management team in support of Enterprise Operational Excellence mandates. Role will be focused on high impact cross functional initiatives that deliver business outcomes, driving execution of Operational Excellence (OpEx) transformation work for medium to large scale projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Job Responsibilities
- Leading multiple projects and priorities at the same time, including process or project analysis and assessments, managing all deliverables, process or project materials, communications, oversight of necessary training and employee readiness needs for process only or technology change efforts.
- Develop impact assessments tied to cross functional change, including upstream and downstream.
- Oversees analysis of current-state and development of future-state to facilitate implementation.
- Assessing the adoption risk associated with the change effort.
- Ability to understand deep technical conversations and translate them into action items and process steps.
- Ability to comfortability have technical conversations with development resources and senior level executives
- Integrates knowledge of end to end business process into program planning and decisioning processes.
- Strong facilitation skills, communication with impact, cross functional business and senior stakeholder engagement.
- Facilitates across multiple areas (business, operations, technology, key partners) to drive critical change initiatives.
- Developing concise and succinct presentations that will influence dialogue at all executive levels including the expertise in knowing the fine balance between detailed and high-level messages.
- Requires skillful communication abilities to ask the right questions, using tools and visual materials, to uncover root causes to business challenges, identify opportunities, and make recommendations.
- Must be able to work within compressed deadlines with limited oversight. Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: database-focused application development, data analysis, data management and governance
- Experience in database modelling, architecture, design, and implementation
- Relational database expertise, including SQL expertise
- Process design and project management experience with a complete understanding of the key principles and frameworks of Project Management and Process Development desired
- Ability to manage multiple project and priorities, adapt to frequent changes and work independently
- Excellent proficiency using Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and in Visio Desired Skills
- Knowledge of Enterprise Data Management standards and Authorized Data Sources strongly desired
- Understanding of Data Management fundamentals, including metadata, data quality, and data governance
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; ability to collect, organize, and analyze information
- Demonstrated PowerPoint presentation skills and ability to target messaging to different audiences
- Knowledge of Global Banking and/or Markets business and technology environment
- Knowledge of core banking functions, processes and tools including, but not limited to - PPRT, PCM, Portal, Changescape, AIT, EDIM
- Process improvement experience; ability to simplify and improve
- Agile methodology experience or PMI certification a plus - provided by Dice Data Quality, Data Management, SQL,
Keywords: American Cybersystems, Inc., Charlotte , Technical Project Manager - Data Management, IT / Software / Systems , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!