ERP Software Engineer III
Company: XPO Logistics
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we're constantly looking for ways to improve, enhance, and adapt in an ever-changing marketplace. As the ERP Software Engineer III, you will provide high-quality software solutions by designing and developing applications through standard coding methodologies and practices. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Provide quality solutions to business teams by designing and developing applications through standard procedures
- Troubleshoot Oracle software and database problems
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor system performance
- Work with functional users, technical staff, and extended support organizations for resolution of ERP and database problems
- Modify existing software to correct errors, provide new functionality, adapt for new integrations, or improve its performance
- Create technical design documentation that follows standard format
- Collaborate with QA to create test plans
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or closely related field
- 6 years of development experience with Oracle EBS
- Ability to act as subject matter expert and provide training, troubleshooting, and other support for software applications managed by business unit (i.e. COGNOS, FIS, Incentive Scorecards)
- Understand and is familiar with the most widely known and emerging tools, technologies, and social applications
- Proficiency with PL SQL and one or more programming or scripting languages
It'd be great if you also have:
- 8 years of development experience with Oracle EBS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized, and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to effectively supervise, coach, and influence employees
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment; consult with team members and management as needed
- Ability to identify opportunities to increase accuracy, optimize resources, and develop, recommend, and implement solutions
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Or--al, Toyota and many others. We're the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we're just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: Charlotte
Keywords: XPO Logistics, Charlotte , ERP Software Engineer III, IT / Software / Systems , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!