Field Service Technician - National Travel Role
Company: Select Machining Technologies
Posted on: February 9, 2024
Requisition ID#: 637A
We are looking for a CNC Field Service Technician to join our
Select Machining Technologies - (A DIVISION OF MORRIS GROUP, INC.)
Select Machining Technologies represents globally recognized brands
of CNC machine tools. We supply the most advanced metal cutting
technology and integrated solutions to U.S. manufacturers of
precision machined parts.
Traveling throughout the United States, the Field Service
Technician is responsible for the installation and repair of CNC
machine tools, controls and other related machine tool components.
Working independently, the ideal candidate will focus on the
highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Travel nationally to customer sites to install, troubleshoot
and repair machine tool equipment and controls.
- Promote and perform preventative maintenance on customer
machine tool equipment.
- Detect and resolve issues with electrical and mechanical
- Utilize machine tool technical documents, internal and vendor
resources to research machine issues.
- Effectively communicate machine issues and status of
install/machine repair to customer.
- Complete proper documentation (Service/Install report) and
submit to Service Management and customer.
- Fulfill customer commitments to ensure complete customer
- Develop and maintain relationships with our machine tool
suppliers and other third-party vendors.
- Take ownership of customer machine tool issues and coordinate
with appropriate departments to successfully resolve the issue.
- Ability to travel up to 75-100% of the work week; overnight
travel required. Some international travel for training at machine
- High School Diploma/GED from a technical school is
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience working with CNC controls
and/or applicable experience.
- Control experience with Heidenhain, Siemens, Fanuc preferred,
but not required.
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail with technical
aptitude is required.
- Ability to read and understand electrical, pneumatic and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic skills in software associated with Microsoft other
related business programs.
- A valid driver's license is required.
Mental and physical requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Must be highly mobile, able to access all areas of the
- Ability to concentrate and remain focused while handling
multiple tasks, responsibilities and projects.
- Must be able to perform bending, twisting, stooping, reaching
and lifting of moderate to heavy weight material up to 100 lbs.
with assistance from equipment or other employees.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, and reach with
hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required by the job include close vision,
distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to keep his/her composure with the public and
co-workers in everyday, stressful situations.
We offer Premier Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD,
STD, Life, AD&D, 401K Retirement, Charitable Contribution,
Tuition Reimbursement, a competitive Paid Time-off Package for
Work/Life Balance, Employee Recognition Events, and MORE!
Morris Group, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an EO
Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected
Locations Charlotte, North Carolina
Keywords: Select Machining Technologies, Charlotte , Field Service Technician - National Travel Role, IT / Software / Systems , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!