Traffic & ITS Design Project Manager
Posted on: November 26, 2022
What We're Looking ForThe time is right to join HNTB! We are
actively seeking a professional engineer as a Project Manager for
Traffic Signal and ITS design projects for our South Florida
clients. This position can work out of HNTB offices in Florida,
Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, or North Carolina.Primary Focus Will
- Serving as Project Manager for Traffic Signal and ITS design
for HNTB's South Florida clients including FDOT, Expressway
Authority, Miami-Dade County and others.
- Serves as Engineer of Record for Signalization component of
Final Design projects. Develops project design criteria, design
calculations, construction details, quantities and cost
- Responsible for preparation and completion of discipline
engineering analysis, reports and designs that are responsive to
project needs with minimal direction.
- Prepares project scope, budget and schedule.
- Reviews and checks engineering work completed by others.
- Works closely with other disciplines on multi-disciplinary
- Coordinates and performs field reviews, data collection and
analysis in support of other tasks.Preferred Qualifications and
- Professional Engineer License*INDWhat You'll NeedEssential
- Responsible for development of the project scope and fee
quotation and assists in the preparation of technical proposals and
contracts in accordance with HNTB's Sophisticated Contracting
- Serves as the primary client liaison and manages the project
team to deliver the scope, schedule, and budgets to completion and
to the clients satisfaction. Assists with client project scoping
and contract negotiations.
- Performs technical discipline tasks including analysis,
reports, design, specification, and production for assigned
- Implements the firms project delivery plan using HNTB's
Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project. Leads the
development and the execution of the project management plan.
Supervises and mentors team to overall project objectives.
- Performs coordination with managers on project staffing,
including, but not limited to; recruitment, development, retention,
and succession of project staff; development of plan for project
staff reporting; and support for performance and compensation
- Partners with Client Service Leaders and pursuit champions to
assist with business development, building client relationships,
and pursuit efforts for strategic and mini-mega projects in
accordance with HNTB's Sophisticated Sales Approach (SSA). Works
with the project team and marketing resources to prepare
appropriate proposal and presentation materials. Leads proposal
development and interview presentations for strategic and mini-mega
projects to the client as well as general presentations within the
industry and community.
- May be responsible for the recruitment, hiring, development,
and retention of staff, including development of plan for staff
reporting, performance and compensation reviews, and
- Performs other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering and 8 years of relevant
- 2 years task management or Deputy PM experienceAdditional
InformationClick here for benefits information: HNTB Total
RewardsClick here to learn more about EOE including disability and
vetVisa sponsorship is not available for this position.#AJ #Traffic
#IntelligentTransportationSystemsLocations:Atlanta, GA, Austin, TX,
Charlotte, NC, Dallas, TX, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Franklin, TN,
Houston, TX (Fannin), Jacksonville, FL, Lake Mary, FL, Miami, FL,
Raleigh, NC, San Antonio, TX, Tallahassee, FL, Tampa, FL.....NOTICE
TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes
from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person
or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so
with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the
property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant
at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting
staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment
agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants
to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement
fees.Job Type: RegularFull/Part Time: Full timeJob Category:
Engineering GroupReqID: R-11010
Keywords: HNTB, Charlotte , Traffic & ITS Design Project Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!