Senior C++ Software Engineer
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company
behind pioneering brands like Firefox, the privacy-minded web
browser, and Pocket, the content discovery platform. More than 270
million people around the world use its products each month.Along
with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the
world, Mozilla Corporation's staff are driven by our vision of
becoming the trusted guide to a joyful internet. We design, build
and distribute software that enables people to enjoy the internet
on their terms.The opportunityWeb Conferencing has become a major
part of online work and life. Would you like to take a pivotal role
in improving these technologies within Firefox? Are you interested
in real-time encoding, decoding, and streaming of audio and video?
Are you an engineer who loves collaborating with experienced,
committed developers and managers to help bring the Open Web to
millions of people? If so then we'd love to hear from you!The Web
Conferencing Team is looking for a dedicated senior software
engineer to help improve the quality and performance of the WebRTC
media pipeline in Firefox, including capture, coding, and the lower
level networking layers. We also work on the development of new
open standards designed to bring the next generation of web
conferencing technologies to the web, and help trouble-shoot
real-world problems encountered by our users which impact call
quality and experience.What You'll Do
- Be a technical leader for the team and help drive features and
projects from start to completion.
- Define and drive architectural improvements for web
conferencing in the Gecko Browser engine.
- Improve the performance of real-time streaming of audio and
video in the Gecko browser engine.
- Work closely with our broader community of developers (both
companies and individual contributors outside of Mozilla) to ensure
important use cases are solid.
- Write software in C++ or Rust, including tests and
- Investigate and propose solutions and architectural changes to
improve performance, reliability and reduce power usage.
- Work closely with other teams within Mozilla and outside of
- Participate in regular code reviews.You should
- Be proficient in C++
- Be a great teammate.
- Have strong debugging and optimization skills in multi-threaded
- Have at least five years of experience as a software
engineer.It helps if you already have experience with, or are keen
to learn about:
- Experience with the W3C WebRTC API and/or the libwebrtc
- Experience working in the audio and video subsystem of a
real-time VoIP or conference applications.
- Experience with authoring scripting for tests
- Experience with the Rust language.
- Experience with networking related technologies.
- Implementing web standards.
- Media related technologies.
- Helping and mentoring junior team members.
- Working in a diverse community spanning many regions and
- Open source collaboration tools.About MozillaMozilla exists to
build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because
we believe open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join
us to work on products that promote choice and transparency and
give people more control over their lives online. Mozilla is
committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting
and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our
workplaceCommitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and
belongingMozilla understands that valuing diverse creative
practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the
company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone,
including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but
certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons,
persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations,
gender identities, and expressions.We will ensure that qualified
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodations to participate in the job application or interview
process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other
benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request
accommodation.We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and
texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress
practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color,
national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status,
disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition,
medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or
veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws.
Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any
of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct,
or purpose.Group: C
Keywords: Mozilla, Charlotte , Senior C++ Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!