Infrastructure Systems Administrator
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Why Choose Us?
Novolex - is a leader in packaging innovation, choice and
sustainability. We manufacture products in paper, plastic and
sustainable materials for the food, retail, health and industrial
- Remote/home-based position
Our Sustainability Commitment
The Novolex sustainability vision is built upon three pillars: our
products, our operations and our people. Each is critically
important to our growth and future as a business. These pillars
form the foundation of our company-wide commitment to
sustainability, helping us achieve our ambitious goals through our
How You'll Perform the Role
As a member of Novolex's IT Infrastructure Services organization,
The Infrastructure System Administrator - OS is generalist role
requiring Linux/Unix and Windows OS skills. The role will serve as
technical lead and responsible for providing ownership in the
design, development, implementation, qualification, security,
support and operation of complex integrated system solutions. The
role will require high level of technical including Red Hat, AIX
Unix, Windows. Excellent communication and written skills and a
strong willingness to learn is required. This is a generalist role
and will also require knowledge with unified communications, and
voice services, Network and security and SAN systems, along with
working knowledge with other infrastructure technologies.
- Install, configure, upgrade and administer IBM AIX, Linux, Unix
operating systems and Windows operating systems.
- Install, configure and support an HA environment.
- Administer SAN infrastructure and support servers with SAN
- Install, configure, upgrade and administer RHEL Linux and
Windows operating systems as needed.
- Ensure that system improvements and changes are implemented
correctly and completely and monitor all effects of the
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to the OS and
its components, providing root cause analysis and closing problem
- Create and update technical documentation of operating
procedures as needed.
- Establish/recommend policies on system use and services.
- Manages telephone system and unified communications
What We Need From You
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in computer science or related
- Minimum 8 years of IT infrastructure experience with a minimum
of 5 years with Linux/Unix systems, Minimum of 5 years with
- 3+ years' experience with Korn and Bash shell scripting.
- Working knowledge of DB2 database a plus.
- Experience working Voice and Unified communication
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure services like Azure/
- Experience with Firewall, Switching, Wireless and other
- Experience working with IT vendors and / or Managed Service
Providers, preferably in large, complex, outcome-based models.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, multi-task, and drive simultaneous projects to
What You'll Get From Us
BenefitsWith safety as our top priority and a commitment to
employee well-being an important focus, we offer comprehensive and
competitive benefits that include medical, dental and vision
insurance (including Telehealth options) as well as a variety of
other well-being resources focused on mental, physical and
financial health. Specific benefits and well-being programs may
vary depending on where you work.
Community EngagementAt Novolex, giving back to the local
communities that support us is important. Our Focused Giving
Program prioritizes support for organizations whose missions
promote sustainability initiatives or address food and hunger
needs. We also encourage facility level support of activities in
the communities where our employees live and work.
Training and DevelopmentWe offer constant opportunities for
advancement. From skills development to advanced education
programs, training and development programs and courses are
available through Novolex University. Programs include company and
industry training curricula, support for formal education through
the Tuition Reimbursement Program, and a Learning Management System
that supports and enhances employee skills at all levels of the
Job Reference: US00987
Keywords: Novolex, Charlotte , Infrastructure Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!