Company: Amain Sports & Hobbies
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Although we are a global retailer, some might say we are really
a tech company in disguise.We design, develop, test, and improve
our own software to meet the demands and needs of our customers,
both external and internal.Our solutions are custom tailored for
our industry which has allowed us to consistently grow since
2004.Our team of five experienced developers have created a
customer facing front end to our web sites, B2B wholesale tools,
Warehouse Inventory Management, Supply Chain Feed and Data
Management, Third Party Marketplace Integration, Competitive
Pricing Algorithms, Reporting and an Integrated Point of Sale
system for our stores.Although most of our code is home grown, we
also implement and refine various third-party tools for CRM,
Shipping, Sales Tax Remittance and Search.Each day we look for ways
to be more efficient and provide a better customer experience, and
then determine how we can do that with code.
Our tools were originally built with the PHP programming language
and most of the PHP code has been converted to C# and is being
phased out. The primary programming language we use now is C# and
we use it to develop the front and back-end web sites in ASP.NET
MVC, desktop warehouse management applications in Windows Forms and
handheld warehouse management and Point of Sale tools running on
Android and written in C#. The front-end user interfaces of our
communicating with ASP.NET WebAPI services written in C#. Our
longer-term plan is to use React in more places on our customer
facing front end web sites and back-end web sites.
The back end of the platform is hosted on Google Cloud, and uses
Percona XtraDB clustering as our ACID compliant database solution
which is a MySQL implementation. That is combined with Couchbase
for a high-performance caching tier and the web sites themselves
run on Windows Server in a cluster of redundant web nodes.
We are looking to add an experienced developer with leadership and
project management experience who can ensure that we maintain the
highest standards and implement solutions in an efficient and
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize and architect solutions based on customer needs
and internal capabilities.
- Development of both back-end and front-end eCommerce web
applications in ASP.NET MVC.
- Development of back-end desktop applications written in C#
using Windows Forms.
- Development of back-end handheld applications written in C# and
running on Android.
- Development of front-end and back-end Point-of-Sale code
- Implement and maintain full unit tests for all new code
- Implement and maintain automated UI tests running in the
browser for quality control.
- Debug and fix issues reported by users and/or customers.
- Write new MySQL queries, and optimize and re-factor existing
- Assign code changes, new development, and other projects to
- Analyze bandwidth and costs of third-party integration when
prioritizing and assigning new projects.
- Facilitate daily or weekly departmental meetings to ensure
goals and timelines are achieved.
- Communicate directly with CTO challenges and recommendations to
meet strategic objectives.
- Oversee department calendar and budget, including procurement,
scheduling, time off, and performance
conversations.RequirementsSkills and Education/Experience:This is
an advanced position where experience and knowledge are critical
for a successful candidate.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common
scientific, technical, and programming journals. Ability to write
speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed
style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top
management and public groups.
- Mathematical & Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems,
collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability
to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in
mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and
- General Computer Skills: Word processing / Spreadsheet / Email:
Working knowledge of general office application software and email
- Software Development Skills: Experience developing web
applications and desktop applications in the Microsoft C#
CSS. Experience with the Microsoft .Net platform, specifically
Windows Forms, ASP.NET MVC and Web API. Experience developing web
UI code in React is useful, but not critical. Experience developing
web applications using the PHP programming language is useful, but
not critical. Extensive knowledge of batch files, scripting, and
programming languages. Use of developer tools including Visual
Studio and/or JetBrains Rider.
- Source Code Control. Strong understanding and knowledge of
source code control systems, such as Git and Perforce for managing
- Database Software: Experience implementing, managing, and using
relationaldatabases, especially MySQL. Experience with NoSQL
systems such as Couchbase is useful.
- Cloud Services: Experience with cloud service providers and
virtual machines is critical, such as Google Cloud.
- Education: BS/BA Degree with 7-10 years of prior experience.
Specialized or technical training in: Windows, C#, Microsoft .NET,
Please follow the link below to apply for this
Keywords: Amain Sports & Hobbies, Charlotte , Software Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!