Established Charlotte Organization is currently seeking a System
Administrator. Through this role, Administrator will be responsible
for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation,
and maintenance of systems both physical and virtual, hardware,
software and related infrastructure. This individual participates
in technical research and development to enable continuing
innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that
system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related
procedures adhere to best practices. This individual is accountable
for the Linux and Windows systems that support our
Infrastructure consists of a 10 Microsoft HyperVisors with roughly
40 virtual machines, ShoreTel Telephony Equipment, APC's, Icinga,
Security Onion, Cisco Switches, Firewall, Synology File Servers and
Unitrends Backup Appliance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and
availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key
processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying
completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Performing regular security monitoring to identify any possible
- Creating, changing, and deleting user accounts per request.
- Providing support per request from various constituencies.
Investigating and troubleshoot issues.
- Repairing and recovering from hardware or software failures.
- Applying OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade
administrative tools and utilities.
- Configuring / adding new services as necessary.
- Performing ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and
resource optimization as required.
- Configuring CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Communicating with vendors for to handle support issues.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification for
Microsoft and 1 year experience in a closely related field.
- 4 to 6 years system administration experience or a closely
related field, or 4 year degree from accredited University in one
of the engineering or computer sciences.
- Demonstrable Hyper-V and Active Directory management skills.
- Snort or other IPS experience & Microsoft cluster, SQL Server,
SSIS, SSRS experience.
Once in a Lifetime Opportunity! Don?t Miss Out! Apply Today!!
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider
all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected