IT Application Developer (Python and Java)
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Thank you for your interest in a position with the AXA Equitable
Life Insurance Company (Equitable). The IT Application Developer
will serve as an influential intermediary between the assigned
business clients and the development and other teams in the IT
function, and requires a developing knowledge of both
- Work directly on smaller projects or as a team member on larger
- Play an advocacy role for the business clients in all phases of
the complex solution development life-cycle for each of the
critical stages, including: initiation, analysis, development,
testing, implementation and post implementation follow up.
- Perform analysis and work closely with the business clients to
identify core business issues in order to map out possible
solutions. The mapping is used to develop the business case for
action, defining the need, the method, and the benefits of proposed
- Undertake complex analysis to develop the detailed user stories
or requirements of the solution in order to satisfy the business
- Work closely with Architects and others on the applications
development team to refine the solution design, methods and
- Work very closely with the testing team, using the user stories
or requirements document as a critical guide, to ensure that issues
are identified and fully resolved prior to roll out.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering.
- 2 years of experience with Python and Java in application
- Previous Experience with Cloud (Azure) deployment.
- Expertise in Python based framework like Django, Flask.
- Software version management and Git repository.
- Knowledge of business and technology practices and trends.
- Ability to gather and analyze information and communicate
recommendations to stakeholders.
- Ability to design, code, test, debug and document a large range
of technologies and systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, adaptable and flexible.
- Good interpersonal / relationship management skills, able to
foster working relationships within the team, across IT and with
- Exposure to VSTS (preferred), Rally or similar Agile backlog
- Strong passion for technology.
- Knowledge and application of various software development
life-cycles and techniques (e.g., traditional, iterative,
- Insurance and/or finance experience.
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients
since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give
them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for
their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer, Equitable is committed to creating an environment
where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true
selves to work every day. Equitable has been recognized and
certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our
organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever
having to leave Equitable. Almost 40> of our open jobs are
filled with current employees.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits
package including 401(k) and medical programs, we offer the
opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial
Equitable is committed to providing equal employment opportunities
to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or
physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic
information or any other class protected by federal, state and
NOTE: Equitable participates in the E-Verify program.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job
application or interview process or to perform the essential job
functions of this position, please contact Human Resources at (212)
314-2195 or email us at TalentAcquisition@equitable.com.
Keywords: Equitable, Charlotte , IT Application Developer (Python and Java), IT / Software / Systems , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!