PeopleSoft Payroll Analyst
Company: Alight Solutions
Posted on: April 19, 2019
Our story starts with a simple universal truth: Every business is a
people business. Our people are our greatest assets at Alight
Solutions because People Matter! We strive for Excellence Every Day
by collaborating with our clients and colleagues. At Alight, we
Think Forward and we Act Now to shape the future of work and life
for organizations, people and their families! Alight has 25 years
of industry experience. Our success is fueled by the expertise of
our people, and the strength of our proprietary and partner
technology. Come join the leading technology-enabled HR and
benefits service provider. Be Real with Alight and help us
reimagine how people and organizations thrive.
AS A PAYROLL ANALYST, A TYPICAL DAY TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
* Educates colleagues and clients while serving as a subject matter
expert across multiple process and knowledge areas
* Researches and provides input and support about industry and
company best practices.
* Ensure the standardization of processes in accordance with Aon
Hewitt best practices.
* Works to identify and implement ideas for improving the domain
specific processes and methodologies.
* Provides feedback on new products, services and projects.
* Works to support system changes through the change request
process both internally and with the client.
Client Relationship Interaction
* Gains an understanding of processes and documentation to support
client or service transitions and ongoing work.
* Communicates effectively with the client and internal partners
for analysis/resolution of issues or project impacts.
* Identifies and assess their impact on service delivery in
* Leads client interaction and facilitation on client touch
* Creates detailed functional business requirement specifications
and ensures proper testing hand-offs for integration testing.
* Conducts stakeholder interviews and stakeholder workshops..
* Monitors the scope throughout the project to ensure the scope is
baselined, and that any changes requested to the scope are
evaluated for project impact and business need.
* Provides status reports and communicates changes in process for
* Assists in Quality Assurance (QA) and knowledge management.
* Estimates, schedules, and monitors all work activities related to
* Identify issues and drives change for related improvements.
* Works with third-party providers (both Aon Hewitt partners and
client partners) to ensure seamless process delivery.
* Leads process improvements for existing processes and support
creation of new processes with emphasis on up/down stream impacts.
Ensures that the process flows are complete and within the defined
scope for projects.
* Identifies and resolves escalations or complex issues with strong
emphasis on associated patterns, trends, and root cause
* Meets aligned Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
* Guides and supports client delivery for new and existing
* Determines when inquiries are beyond the scope of
responsibilities of Aon Hewitt and/or team and escalates as
* Supports the internal and external Change Request process,
including scoping and costing.
* Assists with documentation training of maintenance releases .
* Supports and oversees global sourcing initiatives.
* Supports and provide investigation on regulatory and compliance
issues (if applicable) and ensure reporting to management.
* Ensures the service delivery model is being followed by
challenging requested custom functionality and offering alternative
* Assist in annual business continuity preparation events
* 1 to 2 plus years of payroll operations experience
* Strong Subject Matter Expert (SME) of Payroll.
* Strong research, root cause analysis and problem solving
* Proficient in Microsoft applications like Excel and Word.
* Experience with PeopleSoft preferred.
* Skilled to work under tight deadlines managing multiple
* Strong understanding and exposure in executing on project
* Skilled with working in an environment with a solid understanding
of client requirements and how to provide advice and counsel.
* Ability to identify and close gaps in processes and procedures
within own domain.
* Solid experience with client communication skills required.
* Skilled at working within a Workflow Management Tool and related
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should
you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and
successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight s
employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of
the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN
validation, education verification, employment verification, and
criminal check, search against global sanctions and government
watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug
test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks
are required by the position.
At Alight, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and
sustained throughout the organization. Alight provides equal
treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or
other protected characteristic.
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race,
color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or
domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, or any other legally protected characteristics or
conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we
take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment
qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans
and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations
of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with
disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and
observances, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Applicants for employment may request a reasonable
accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing
education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other
entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or
purchasers of Alight business units.Alight Solutions provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or
domestic partner status, or any other status protected by
applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions
is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action
Keywords: Alight Solutions, Charlotte , PeopleSoft Payroll Analyst, Human Resources , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!